Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Quick Hello on the Foodie Front

Hi to you all!

Just wanted to post a quick "hello"!  Life is crazy-busier than ever, but I'm managing to squeeze in my exercise and tracking my food in the calorie counter (vs. photos).  I'm doing well enough to have put a halt to the upward march, but not well enough to lose those 6 holiday pounds.  Grumble, grumble.  Yet my blood glucose levels have been great; I got my a1c done last week and it was 5.5%, down .2% from last time!  And that includes the holidays and birthday celebration.  So I feel pretty good health-wise if a little strung out work-wise.

I had to tell you all that I am KICKING myself for not taking a photo of dinner last night!  We went to a local eatery, Pasta Moon, for which Mr. Handsome & Handy got a gift card.  We both got the same entree, and it was kind of nice to order something and not have to say, "But can I get this instead of that?"  It was grilled salmon on a bed of sauteed shredded brussels sprouts and diced (tiny) butternut squash, with this heavenly citrus sauce drizzle underneath.  Not often you can get BOTH of your favorite veggies in one dish!  If I hadn't seen that, I probably would have gotten an appetizer and either soup or salad - this one sounded good: "roasted brussel sprout salad-butternut squash, pancetta, baby cannellini beans, frisée, aged white balsamic vinegar, EVOO".  We had planned to use the gift card here just ourselves, but Things 1 & 2 really love going out to eat and it was an opportune evening.   I think this is the fanciest place we've taken them so far.  Thing 2 knocked over her huge water goblet, yet caught it mid-fall, and it only splashed a little water and a few ice cubes on their pizza - we discretely cheered her impressive save!  I only wish there had been a little more space between tables, they have room to expand now, yet their dining room is rather cheek-to-jowl.

Hope everyone enjoys a great rest of the week!

2 comments:

  1. That does sound good. You almost never see brussel sprouts on a menu, which is a shame. Wish I hadn't waited 40 years to like them!

    Congrats on the good numbers.

    I finally am having some scale success and got off the Christmas weight. Eating more fat and reducing grains has made a huge difference for me. Now I just need to get off the few pounds from November ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In order to maintain my eating and training regime I am trying to make my food as rich in nutrients as possible. Still, our everyday life sometimes does not allow to receive all vitamins and minerals from the food we take. I have read the article about nutritional supplements, it stated that supplements are necessary to support your body. After some research, I've decided to try military grade nutritionals - supplements which i considered natural and safe. Within 1 month I have already noticed the results. My tone went up, I was sleeping much better and my energy increased considerably. Now I am feeling better and stronger than ever before.

    ReplyDelete