Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Monday 3 January 2011

[Like jumping back to the fitness routine: deep breath, no fanfare, just do it.]

Breakfast:  The kids go back to school tomorrow, so we did a dry run of the morning routine.  Ugh.  The "carrot" was going to out to breakfast.  Three Zero wasn't open, so we opted for Sam's Coffee Shop. Nom nom nom.  I felt like something a bit lighter than my usual, so I got the veggies (tomato, mushrooms, bell peppers, onion) + spinach + cheddar cheese.  When it arrived, Thing 2 observed, "That looks like a yellow burrito." She was right - the eggy part was strrrrreeeeeeetched over this ginormous pile of veggies!  It was quite tasty, and just right despite the size, since they don't go too heavy on the cheese.  I had that + 1/2 slice sourdough toast + 1/2 of my fruit cup.  Oh, and lots of looooovely coffee!

Lunch:  Green salad with romaine, celery, cucumber, and tomato with balsamic vinaigrette, 2 oz. steak, apple.

I took a nice stroll after eating lunch - it was sunny, hurrah!  I bought some yoga socks for tonight's hula class, and stocked up on the kale chips.  Bummer-no longer on sale, but they still have the $2 off coupon.  I think part of 2011 will involve a quest to find a reliable kale chip recipe.

I also picked up the new schedule at the gym.  SO relieved that the Wednesday strength class with my favorite instructor is still on there.  There's a new one, "Transformer," on Mondays during lunch time.  Guess they listened to all of my Wednesday classmates who've been begging for an "express" strength class during that time, because the class is 30 minutes!  Woot!  I'm also going to have to try the spin class + abs sometime, although I'm not really sure what the instructor will have people do for abs in the cramped spin room.  Oh, the possibilities!

Snack: A bag of the Bombay Curry flavored kale chips and some almonds.


"My name is Pubsgal, and I used to have a nut addiction, but now I think it's transferred to kale chips."


"Oh, wait, maybe I spoke too soon...."

Dinner, part 1: Celery and carrots on the drive home.  

Dinner, part 2:  Fried chicken.



Good thing I had hula class tonight!  It's a new class through our city's Parks & Recreation department, and it's so much fun!  I had been reluctant to sign up, since it's on a week night and I'm usually supervising homework and noodging the bedtime process along, but Mr. Handsome-and-Handy said "go for it!" Given that I like it so much and it helps with my fitness goals, I'll find a way to fit it into our busy lives.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried baking your own kale chips? I have done that before and they are decent. I know a lot of people dehydrate instead of baking, but that involves purchase of equipment that I do not own. :D

    Love that your hubby is supportive of 'you' time.

    ReplyDelete