Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Huh.  It's been awhile.  I hadn't really intended for this to become a weekly blog like my other one.  Oh well, back to it...



Breakfast:  Spinach & cheddar cheese omelette, usual toast, usual coffee x2.



Pre-workout snack:  1/2 of a lobar, an hour before the workout.

Workout:  The Wednesday strength class was good, as usual.  I hate lunges, but I suppose they are good for me.  We also did some plie squats, then on our toes, and my legs were shaking!  I did a lot better on the upper-body strength parts, except I am still kind of weak on the pushups and planks.



Post-workout lunch:  South beach bar + 8 oz. whole milk. (Not shown - low-sugar sports drink mix in water that I drank after class.)



And a 2-oz. bag of kale crunchies.  These were "Bombay Curry" flavored.  Yum.



Pre-dinner: I had some frozen broccoli and cauliflower than I'd meant to eat but hadn't gotten around to it yet.  So I rinsed them off - they were mostly thawed - and ate them on the drive home. (Not shown - the dill pickle I grabbed out of the work fridge in a moment of, "Hey!  I still had pickles in here!")



Dinner:  4 oz. of spaghetti sauce.  The way Mr. H&H makes it, it's almost like sloppy joe meat or chili, so it's edible without the noodles.  I had a piece of toast with butter and jam, too.



I was still hungry and had some calories left in the budget, so I had an apple and a cheese stick, too.

Total calories for the day: 1733 (budget of 1800)
Macronutrients: 43% fat, 32% carbs (23.5 grams fiber), and 25% protein.

Yes, I'm back to working on the habits:  cram in more veggies, portion control other carbs + protein + fat, and working with a calorie budget.  I'm shooting for 1800, which is (logically) plenty of calories for me; it's not easy since I'm used to more, but it's not too extreme for me, either.

Let's just say I saw this number on this object and am feeling tightness in my supposed-to-be-loose pants that made me think, "Well, if not now, then when am I going to correct this holiday overage?"  That said, my blood glucose numbers have been really great!  Go figure.  Yes, of course, there was a lot of inner raging and despair and angst and etc., which I vented in off-blog writing.  I won't even bother to going into it all-because it's the universal venting of anyone whose life struggle this is-but I'm mentioning in passing to let you know that my current calm resolve didn't come about in an unnaturally rational manner.  Venting did make me feel better, because after all the venting got out, I brainstormed on this:  "Well, so you feel that way, and that's fine.  But what can you do right now to fix this stuff?"

So yeah, I'm sure you remember that I was at this point, right about now in December, and it seemed to be going pretty well, then went kaput.  What am I going to do differently this time?  I'm not sure yet.  How's that for an amazing plan? :-D  I think I need to figure out how to better handle the weekends, and I think I will also not record weigh-ins using the tool I'm working with, because it reduces the calorie budget as you lose, and that really seems to mess with my head.  I think I also need to get back to training for a triathlon, because some of the deeper angst was wondering if I'd ever do anything athletically amazing (at least, for me) ever again.  I saw a web site that had a whole bunch listed, including a winter series of  "hey I can do that NOW!" super-sprints at a local community college, and I felt that flare of excitement.  Could that be my long-lost mojo?  

Anyhow, I'm going to do this for a week and see how it goes.  I have a birthday coming up in a few weeks, so it would be really nice to hit it with a strong stride. 

2 comments:

  1. Maybe a challenge is what you need to get the mojo back. My pants are tight, and I am kind of bummed to realize that it is going to take a lot longer than just a week or 2 of clean eating to make them untight. Wish they came off as easy as they come on, you know?

    I find I am the opposite as you. I need to cut way down on my exercise in order to decrease my calories so I can lose or I am miserable from hunger.

    I don't recall seeing any nuts in this post :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, late to comment. I read this last night after work, and so related to your lament. But I was too tired to make a coherent comment. Well, we're all just going to have to buckle down and do this together. My days at home are amazingly easy. Yesterday was my first day back at work and I went WAAAAAAYYYYY over my planned allotment. I might just have to make my two days of work my 'high calorie' days and be extra cautious the rest of the week. We'll see where I'm at after a week or so.

    You know, you commented about how easily I got back on track. I think it was almost like reverse psychology. They took away all my dairy, and almost all my fruits and vegetables for two weeks. So they seemed extra desirable when I came back. Compared to what usually happens--we're still eating all our good wholesome foods, and adding a few treats on top of that.

    ReplyDelete