Thursday, January 6, 2011

Wednesday 5 January 2011



Breakfast:  Plain cheese omelette, usual toast, back to the usual coffee.  Mr. Handsome-and-Handy got a bag of some tasty "weekday" coffee from Costco, so I'll be savoring my Kona stuff on the weekends.



At work:  Coffee + chia seeds.  Mmmm!



Pre-workout snack:  Later in the morning, I had a lo-bar and some almonds about an hour before my lunchtime workout.  This gave me great energy for my workout.



The lunchtime workout was intense!  Our instructor had been out for a couple of weeks, so she wanted to have a very impactful first workout of 2011!  (Thursday note:  I'm so sore.  Oh, my aching glutes!)  We did these lunge + leg lift combos, and lots of these gnarly plank and sliding leg moves. I hope the new folks aren't too discouraged.  I've been doing her custom class format for 6 months now, and I still often come out of there feeling like a total marshmallow person.  I couldn't keep up on the plank things, so I really felt that way today.  Will I always have days of delayed-onset muscle soreness after Wednesday classes?  Am I getting at all stronger? :-/  The upper body stuff was doable, and I do have pretty decent squat depth now, so I must be getting a little stronger.



Post-lunch munchings:  Wednesday classes do tend to make me ravenous.  I ate little bits of stuff spread out all afternoon.  I chugged a cup of milk with a splash of coffee in it in the breakroom when I grabbed my lunch bag.



The bag o' kale crunchies.



"Hi, Lori!"  (We're about halfway through the Costco box of blueberries...you'll be seeing these for at least a couple more days.)



Walnuts.



Romaine lettuce with plain rice wine vinegar and all-purpose seasoning powder.



Bye, yummy, slow-roasted gift pecans!



Apple and peanut butter.  I think I could live off of this combo.  And kale crunchies.



Dinner:  Holy Bratwursts, Batman!  Well, just 2/3 of one actually (about 3 oz.), with some tasty mustard, and a big ol' bowl full of broccoli and cauliflower with extra-virgin olive oil and spices (salt, garlic powder, and Thai curry powder).



Dessert:  Sugar-free toffee.  It's really tasty, but self-limiting, because the maltitol has that "Oh, man!  Go sleep on the COUCH already!" impact on me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pubsgal! Glad to be back, and glad you are still entertaining me with your food pics!

    ReplyDelete