Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Tuesday 7 December 2010

I'm baaaaaaack! I'll cover my trip eats a bit more in my race report, but I feel like I did pretty well. I didn't go crazy...in fact, we only dined out three times, one being grabbing a quick sandwich at a Starbucks' stand in the bowels of the MGM Grand on the post-half-marathon death march. I pretty much subsisted on Kind & South Beach bars, nuts, milk, and low carb sports drinks.

And it's funny: the scale dropped with a huge THUNK on Saturday morning back to my "happy weight" range, but of course it was back up when I got home and weighed in Tuesday morning. Oh well.

So...back to the portion control and calorie budget, until I can get back to the happy range and stick it for a couple of weeks.

Before breakfast:  How weird - my muscles felt rarin' to go this morning! So they hauled me out of bed and plopped me on the stationary bike for about 25 minutes.  I did a programmed ride for 20 minutes and spent the rest on the lowest setting, for about 4 miles.



Breakfast:  Soy chorizo and eggs, usual toast, 2 mugs of the usual coffee.

Mid morning (not shown):  Chia seeds in green tea.



It's going to be a Cajun Christmas up in here at work, all y'all!  Ooooooo-eee!
I liked the clever way our receptionist used glittery pipe cleaners instead of hooks to secure the ornaments to the tree.  I'll definitely share a photo of the completed master piece.



Lunch:  1/2 package of frozen spinach and broth, 1 cup of 2% Greek-style yogurt with 1/2 cup blueberries, and 2 cheese sticks.



Mid-afternoon snack:  A sugar-free Jell-o pudding.


Dinner: 4 oz pork tenderloin, 2 Tbsp BBQ sauce (my usual lower carb stuff), Brussels sprouts with 1 tsp olive oil and lemon pepper + garlic powder, and green salad with 1 Tbsp Italian dressing and extra vinegar.
Not shown - about 1/2 cup baby carrots later on when I started feeling snacky.

The Numbers:
Total calories = 1767 calories (1800 budgeted)
Exercise estimate = 77 calories
Net calories = 1690
Fat: 93.6 grams, 20.3 saturated (48% of calories)
Carb: 115.8 grams (38.3 grams fiber, 33.9 grams sugar) (26% of calories)
Protein: 116.7 grams (26% of calories)

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the calorie counting! The pudding snack--is that new, or an old favorite revisited? I ask, because I used to love the SF chocolate pudding that you cook, and I made it all the time. since I started eating mostly 'unprocessed' food, I haven't made it. But a while ago I put the pudding package on the counter because I wanted it again, I thought. Still haven't made it...

    ReplyDelete