Thursday, December 9, 2010

Wednesday 8 December 2010


Breakfast:  Cheddar + tomato omelette, usual toast, usual coffee (2 mugs)


Cappuccino stop:  I had a follow-up appointment with the podiatrist, and I had a little time to enjoy a double cappuccino at my favorite coffee place, 3 Bees Coffee in San Mateo.


Hello, Bee!  (We have to fake our icicles here.)


Pre-workout:  I knew I'd need good fuel for L's torture today, aka "Chisel" class, so I had 2% Greek-style yogurt, a Cutie orange, and some walnuts.  (Sorry, this looks pretty gross.)

Workout:  I warned L that I might not be able to keep up on the legs today, but it went pretty well.  I have a little soreness in the shins on both legs, but it's mild and we didn't do anything high-impact.  My knees tolerated the plies, lunges, and one-legged deadlift routine just fine.  I took along a bottle of low-sugar sports drink and I think that helps quite a lot in this class.  We get very sweaty!


Lunch:  I ate this while waiting for my pork and green beans to cook.

To answer your question, Debby, this was an impulse buy.  I got a pack of these because they are low calorie and chocolatey but also sugar free.  I do like "real" food better, too, but this was sure convenient.  What makes me laugh is that I have a few packages of make-it-yourself Jell-O sugar-free and fat-free puddings (chocolate and banana) languishing in my cupboard...apparently "add milk and stir" was too taxing, so I had to buy the individually packaged, ready-to-eat ones.  (Sheesh, what kind of crunchy-green California girl am I?!?! ;-D )



2 oz. pork tenderloin with about 1 Tbsp BBQ sauce (lower carb), 1 cup green beans in hot & sour broth (Better than Bouillon, a few shakes of Tapatilo sauce, and some rice wine vinegar), and an apple.



And 12 pecans.  You know I really wanted to be chugging these by the handful.

This held me nicely over until dinner.



Thing 2 helped me prepare dinner and took the photos.

Dinner:  1 cup of nonfat milk, about 2 cups of cauliflower with 1 tsp olive oil + garlic powder + lemon pepper, a low carb tortilla cheese quesadilla, and some salsa.

I had 29 calories left.  This allowed me 2 turkey meat-doggies (not shown), which is almost more of a tease.  Oh well.



ACTION CAULIFLOWER!!!

Nutri-stats!
Total calories:  1905
Estimated workout calories burned: 101
Net calories: 1804 (1807 budgeted)
Fat: 96.3 grams (30.7 saturated) - 45% of calories
Carbs: 160.4 grams (36.4 grams fiber, 80.7 grams sugar) - 33% of calories
Protein: 108.8 grams - 22% of calories

I've been fairly well-satisfied at this level, once I upped my veggies.  My tummy is still a bit hungry-feeling at night, but not too bad.



Scenes of the season:  Here's our tree!  It's artificial (of course) and we replaced our old one last year after 1/2 the lights went out and Mr. Handsome-and-Handy spent 4 hours trying to replace bulbs.  This one is skinnier than our other one, so it fits a little better in our small house.  It went up in about 10 minutes (all we had to do was put together the 3 segments, fold down the branches, and fluff them a little.  The Things swarmed it for another 15 minutes, and voila!


Like Biz, I love snowmen!  You'll find more of them than any other ornament.


Here's my favorite snowman!

1 comment:

  1. Great tree! And great eats! Love the greek yogurt with mix-ins. Hmmm. If I had 29 calories left, meat doggies would not be the first thing that came to mind LOL!

    ReplyDelete