Friday, November 5, 2010

Thursday 4 November 2010


Breakfast:  I had a breakfast date with Mr. Handsome-and-Handy!  We went to Sam's Coffee Shop and I had a ginormous omelette (spinach, onion-sorry, Biz, I know that makes you throw up in your mouth a little to read that, linguica, avocado, and cheddar).  And a side of fruit, yum!  I had a bite of Mr. H&H's home fries.  (They make really good ones here, but I didn't want to get a whole side order of them.) And much coffee!

I think the guy in the background is one of the regulars...they seem to be here every time we go to breakfast!



Lunch:  Well, this was anticlimactic.  I usually love kale chips, and I love salt & vinegar potato chips, but this combo just didn't work too well together.  Most of the kale chips I get have a lot of flavor going on, and these were mostly salty with a hint of vinegar.   This brand's chili & lime ones are really tasty, so I was expecting something a little more interesting.  Ma bouche was NOT amused.


Snackage:  Well, New Leaf did have Green & Blacks chocolate on sale!  And boy, did I stock up.  My emergency kit is full of bars large and small.  I ate half of one of the small dark chocolate bars, which was perfect.  I think G&B is the absolute perfect chocolate - if ma bouche had thumbs, it would be raising two high in the air and waving them around like a lighter at a rock concert.  

I noticed that I've been buying a lot of food stuff.  Not really eating it in one sitting necessarily, but just to have.  I bought a huge jar of peanut butter at Target recently, too, for my work stash.  I suspect that I have this instinctual storing-up-for-winter thing going on.  I'm engaged in half-hearted struggling with my snack impulse, but even just getting stuff and storing it seems to soothe this primal urge.   


Here's something a bit more healthy:  2% Greek-style yogurt with strawberries and grapes.



Dinner:  Steak (with sauce) and cauliflower (with olive oil, lemon pepper, and garlic).  Tasty!



Dessert & Snackage:  Well, here we go...The kids were off playing, so I had some nuts...



2 pieces of Halloween candy...



A few chocolate chips...



*sigh*


*double sigh*


Yeah, I went here, too.  This was probably about 3/4 serving.

Could this day be saved?

Maybe not calorie-wise, but darn it, I wanted to end things on an up note.

[cue the Queen song "Bicycle Race"]: "Biiiicycle!  Biiiiicycle!  I want to ride my Biiiiiicycle!"

I hopped on the stationary bike for a 20-minute program, and I did some upper body weight stuff with my 5 lb dumb bells for about 7 minutes or so during my ride.

2 comments:

  1. Do you think you might be stress snacking about something?

    Breakfast sounded good. I so love those kind of places. It is just hard to go wrong ordering eggs, you know? I love the taters, though. Yummers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy yummy on the breakfast place too. Maybe we'll have to have a breakfast meet-up sometime!

    Had to laugh at the 'well, here we go...'

    I thought of something else I do to keep from eating too much. Since I seem to not be able to go without dessert after dinner, I basically hold off on having it until just before I go to bed. Because if I eat it too early, I will just continue to snack, and even worse, I will take some munchies to bed with me. And most days it is something with some nutritional value, like yogurt with the muesli or fruit and something...

    Those little meat doggie things do not tempt me at all. But I started having half an apple with some peanut butter as a snack, and I realized it was the influence of your blog that was making me crave it!

    ReplyDelete