Thursday, November 4, 2010

Wednesday 3 November 2010



Breakfast:  The usual, tomatoes in the omelette.  And Isis the cat (part of Thing 2's Catwoman costume) admiring the lovely omelette.



At work:  An almost-whoops: 2 Tbsp of chia in coffee + half-and-half.



Pre-workout snack:  Kashi peanut butter bar with 4 squares of raspberry dark chocolate.  Probably more than I needed.

The weather here was beautiful; upper 70s in San Mateo.  I didn't realize it until I spoke with Mr. Handsome-and-Handy, though.  I told him I was going to CardioSculpt class, and he suggested, "Why don't you go for a swim?  It's a beautiful day!"  I hadn't gotten outside at all the day before, so I decided to go for it.  While I really love CardioSculpt and know it's the only workout in my week where I really push harder than I would push myself on my own, I didn't realize how badly I needed pool time until I hit the water.



Post-workout lunch:  Green salad, 2% Greek-style yogurt with honey and cinnamon.  (I didn't have any fruit, but wanted it a little sweet.)



And a serving of Kettle chips.  I snagged one of those 2-serving bags in the break room after a meeting one day, and this seemed like the opportune moment to crack it open.



But maybe they weren't the best choice.  My bouche demanded amusement later on, but I tested and was at 124 at 2 hours post-lunch.  So I went with my hot & sour broth: "Better than Bouillon" veggie broth, about 1/8 cup of vinegar, and 1 tsp of hot sauce.



It was a gorgeous sunset last night!  I had to snap a couple of pictures before heading to the car.  The colors were much deeper than my cell phone would have you think.



Ooo, pretty!



Dinner:  Hot food bar items from New Leaf on a bed of spinach.  This doesn't look quite so pretty, but it was colorful and tasty.  All items were really tasty - hard to pick a favorite!  Top:  Hawaiian chicken.  Center: sausage and Brussels sprouts in a marinara sauce. Bottom (left to right): Louisiana sausage saute (this had a few pieces of potato), Madras tofu (had sweet potato), and Korma chicken.



I also had some peanuts.  In some ways, having the kids doing homework in the kitchen is great, because when I eat stuff they like, they want some, too...so if there is stuff that I don't want them to have right then, but want for myself but would be better off without, they're a good excuse to just not crack it open.

After they went to sleep, though, I cracked my two treat finds and enjoyed one bit of each.  Clemmy's, which I've talked about here before, was lovely as usual.  I found a new thing, "Arctic Zero."  It's not exactly "ice cream" - there's no cream or milk - it's a frozen  dessert made with whey protein powder.  It's only 45 per 1/2 cup serving, but it still has 7 grams of sugar per serving, so it's a "proceed with caution" food.  My pint was rock-hard; the tiny amount I chiseled out tasted like a fudgesicle, so I think it might work.  (Full nutrition data here)  Reviews on Amazon.com vary; some say it's great, others say it tastes too much like a "diet food", one review said it tastes funny on its own but works well in smoothies.

Then I hit the exercise bike again before bed.  I did a less intense hill program than last night and just for 20 minutes, since I'd already gotten in a good swim today.  Mr. H&H and I watched "Undercover Boss."  We wondered, now that the show has debuted, how they will go about doing more seasons of it.  Won't many people secretly suspect that it's the big boss when some "reality show" places this wildly incompetent guy (who asks lots of questions about their job and their perception of the company and what their coworkers think) on the job with them and follows them about with cameras?

1 comment:

  1. Pretty sunset. I am always disappointed when I see the pics on my camera of sunsets, fall colors, and rainbows. They just never look as good as in real life.

    Regarding the reality show - knowing the cameras are out there won't stop anyone. Keep in mind that show about the pedophiles just keeps going and going. (To Catch a Predator). Idiots...

    ReplyDelete