Friday, November 12, 2010

Wednesday 10 & Thursday 11 November 2010

Wednesday


Breakfast:  The usual!  (The Mr. made the coffee, so I didn't get to measure the add-ins.  I think he has a lighter hand on the half-and-half than me.)



Had to share a picture from the mountain.  My phone camera didn't do it justice; the decaying fence posts have that pretty green moss on them, and the colors were a lot more vibrant.  Oh well.



Pre-workout:  Georgie.com's protein brownie, cold but thawed.  These things are growing on me...

The workout:  Luciana had us doing lots of stuff with medicine balls today.  One move, "The Rainbow," had us lunge on one side, come up and bring the ball in an arc over our heads, then lunge on the other side.  (On the lunge, we touched the ball to the floor.)  We also did lunges where we had to touch the floor with the ball on both sides, and we did these one-legged deadlift things.  Oh, and then there was the part where we had to do a sit-up, then toss the ball to a partner, and then catch it and do a sit-up.  Anyway, enough crazy stuff that I knew I'd be sore later.  (Oh, and I picked the right week to play hooky and go swim laps instead - there was a sub last Wednesday, and people didn't seem to care much for her class.)



Post-workout:  Leftover tri-tip with steak sauce, salad with Italian dressing and the rest of my dill pickles!



I also had some chocolate and a tablespoon of peanut butter.



Late afternoon:  I tried a new Kind bar.  This one was pretty tasty, but--and I can't believe I'm saying this--I think I prefer their plain nut ones.



Dinner:  Can haz cheezeburger?  Yes, and some carrots and beer, too!



Um...yeah, I know. (SOMEone dug it out of the freezer, but THIS one did not have to partake.)



And some nuts and pita chips.

Thursday



Breakfast:  The Things had Veteran's Day off of school, and so I made my own breakfast. (What?  You think I would go through the hassle of making myself omelettes every day?  Nah!)  I had a hankering for oats & flax spackle.  (And forgot to try to custardize them again.  Oh well.)



At work:  There were chocolate croissants in the breakroom.  So instead of face-planting into the box, I cut myself off a little piece.



Lunch:  I had an errand at the mall.  I could have drove, but then I would have missed out on a nice walk.  It seems really far away, but all my walking ended up being only 2.5 miles.  I hit the food court, and Panda Express was packed.  So I tried the Japanese place.  I got the chicken & tempura combo, no rice, over veggies.  Egads, this was a lot of food!



And here's what I couldn't finish.



Late afternoon snack:  Apple & peanut butter.  I also had a little truffle thingy off the Thursday tray.


Like I needed it?  I also had 20 grams of Green & Blacks hazelnut and current bar.  Most worthy.


Dinner:  Well, it started out innocently enough...


Hot wings, beer, and this was good: cauliflower with olive oil, salt, garlic, and smoked paprika!  Now, that's an amazing spice!  I thought it would be a specialty item, but they had it at the grocery store.  It has a rich, smoky flavor.  I think it would be really good in a bbq sauce or rub, especially for chicken.


Here's what the Things had for dinner.  (Yes, I'm kidding!)


Yeah, I know.  (Not shown was the Snicker bar I threw in the freezer and then ate a couple of hours later.  I thought I was so over cheap candy? :-/  )


Attempt at a diversion...


And again...


I did a little 15-minute express exercise DVD before bedtime.  Did it help?  Not as much as seeing "120" on my meter in the morning. :-(  Oh well, tomorrow is another day....

2 comments:

  1. That kind bar looks really good at first glance. However, I have decided that I am only fond of sesame seeds on a bagel. I have tried a few sesame bar type things and just didn't like them.

    My mother has type 2 diabetes. My great grandmother had it as well. I don't know how susceptible I am to this. My mother was overweight most of her life, my great grandmother was not, so I don't even know if that means anything. My blood sugar tests have always been very good, and now I am living pretty healthy for the most part.

    I like paprika, but have yet to try the smoked kind. I know Alton Brown uses it (and I tend to do what he says a lot).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spackle!!! I have been thinking about this stuff A LOT lately. I am not kidding you. Before I read this post I had decided that was what I was going to have for breakfast tomorrow!

    Your comment about the kind bar was too too funny. I cannot believe you like the plain nut ones better either LOL.

    The picture is glorious and inspirational. I can just picture it! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete