Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tuesday 23 November 2010

THANK YOU!

The good news from Mr. Handsome-and-Handy's eye appointment yesterday is that the eye pressure is back to normal and all of the restrictions (riding in a car, driving, exertion, reading) are done!  He has a bit of fuzziness, but the doctor said that ought to clear up when the dilating eye drops wear off.  Follow up appointment in a couple of months. WHEW!  Thanks, everyone, for the good thoughts, prayers, etc.!



Breakfast:  Cheddar + tomato omelette, flax toast with sugar-free jam, 2 mugs of the usual coffee.  (Grocery store's hazelnut flavor.  Yum!)



Mid-morning snack:  Handful of raw almonds.



Lunch:  Broccoli (about 1 cup steamed) with Tuscan dressing, cottage cheese, and a cutie orange.



I put all-purpose seasoning on the cottage cheese.  (But not peanut butter.  Just wanted to show some of my cubible "pantry".  Doesn't everyone keep spices and huge jars of peanut butter at work?)



I also had a handful of walnuts.  That's the great part about being "AmazonGalOfTheForest": a handful of nuts is a pretty good amount.


Later afternoon:  Some of my dry roasted wasabi edamame.


On the drive: 3 sugar-free Jolly Ranchers.


While Mr. H&H was at the doctor appointment (I had to drive him there), I got my orthotics for my shoes (yeay!) and went to 3 Bees (double-yeay!) for a double sugar-free "Pumpkin Spice" latte.  Oooo, it was good.  I asked what they put in it, and it's just vanilla syrup and pumpkin pie spice.  They had sugar-free vanilla syrup, so I was in luck!

Before picking up the kids, we got our Thanksgiving shopping done at Costco. We also got some dinner.



Dinner: I stripped the toppings off the crust on a few of these and nibbled a little on one of the end crusts.



I had some of the enormous caesar salad - brought the rest for lunch.

I also had a couple of the wings and some skin off of the rotisserie chicken.  We stripped the meat off the bones and saved it, and I made a nice batch of homemade chicken stock with the carcass.



Had some dessert, too....

Not shown:  8 oz. of milk after my evening workout after everyone went to bed.  I watched the rest of the movie "Billy Elliot" (loved it!) while riding the stationary bike (1 hour!), and then I did 15 minutes of strength exercises with my 10 lb dumbbells.  This included a 30 second plank with good form, 1 minute wall squat (oooo, that was tough!), and 1 minute of bicycle crunches.  I did some 1-legged deadlifts with both dumbbells, but my form left a lot to be desired.  Next time, 1 dumbbell and a prop for the back foot.  Plie squats went fine, as did all the arm stuff (bicep curls, tricep things, shoulder stuff, and chest flys and presses). So I ended up a little short on sleep, but oh well.

1 comment:

  1. Nice workout! I DO NOT LIKE wall squats. Too darn hard!

    Laughing on your amazon handful of walnuts. I manage to get quite a nice handful of walnuts in my short squatty fingers too LOL.

    That peppermint bark reminds me of the mint brownies that are at Starbuck's this time of year. I just might get one before the season is over.

    ReplyDelete