Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tuesday 9 November 2010




Breakfast:  The usual goodness!



Lunch:  I spent my lunch time at the place where they fit one for custom orthotics.  The gal watched me walk and then made these little plaster casts of my feet.  That was a curious process:  I laid down on a table with my feet sticking off the end, and she patted the plaster stuff on them.  It was almost like getting a foot massage.  In a couple of weeks, I should have my inserts.

Since it was downtown, I wandered over to my favorite coffee place and had a cheerful double-cappuccino interlude.



When I got back, I ate my protein brownie while my lunch heated up.  They're kind of hard to eat when frozen.  Half-frozen would probably work well.



I pulled the meat off of two chicken legs and heated it up with some cauliflower, then sprinkled on some all-purpose seasoning.  Yum!



A sugar-free lemon mint cleansed the palate.



Afternoon snack:  An apple and some nuts.  I figured it would be better for me to bring a small portion to work and eat them, rather than even bothering to open the can at home and start munching.  This mind trick worked surprisingly well.



Dinner: Tri-tip steak with sauce; Brussels sprouts with olive oil, garlic powder, and lemon pepper; green salad with Italian dressing.


I also had these pita chips with butter/canola spread.

I didn't work out today, but I did get to sleep earlier than usual, which was nice.

Wednesday a.m. update:  Well, as you could see from the last couple of days, I certainly haven't been deprived, even without my beloved nuts yesterday.  (*I* hadn't even noticed that, Debby!  Although does the Almond Breeze in my coffee count?)  Yet the scale says -4.4 pounds, although I'm wondering if it's lying, because I really don't feel much different.  Eh, we'll see.

3 comments:

  1. That is like I am always surprised when I go a day without even thinking about chocolate.

    No almond breeze doesn't count. BTW, have you seen that new coconut drink that seems the same as almond breeze stat-wise. Thought you might be able to find it at whole foods.

    Oh, the wonderful horrible fantastic terrible scale. We can't live with them and we can't live without them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scale is a weird thing, isn't it?

    I do really well on my no-added sugar day each week. I don't even want the chocolate that day, but when I can eat it? Then I really want it. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for the -4.4! I am nervous about weighing in on Monday - I feel "smaller" but you never know.

    I got inserts for my feet about 3 years ago - they are amazingz!

    They will hurt the first few days, but stick with it! :D

    ReplyDelete