Monday, July 26, 2010

Saturday 24 July 2010


Brunch: Does this look familiar? It should. It's identical to last Saturday's brunch. Except I had 4.5 strips bacon total this week.


Lunch: I knew we were going to a party later, so I kept it light.  I made a mocha smoothie with part of a banana, leftover cold coffee, almond milk, high-quality cocoa powder, a scoop of whey protein powder, and a scoop of no-sugar-added vanilla ice cream.


More from lunch.  These peaches are so tasty!

Party time! We were invited to Kat & John's to celebrate John's birthday.  It was a lively gathering in their lovely garden.  They had a taco truck parked in their driveway when we arrived, and they were serving up made-to-order taqueria food.  So flavorful and festive!


Kat provided lovely trays of vegetables spread out around the party, and there were chips and as much guacamole as you could ever want. I am powerless in the face of excellent guacamole.


Mmmmm, tacos! (I meant to order al pastor, but said "carne asada" instead. So Mr. Handsome-and-Handy got one of these, and I went back and got an al pastor pork taco.)

I also had a wedge of Thing 2's ginormous quesadilla, with red salsa and guacamole.

Not pictured was one of Kat's clever ideas for beverage: water with slices of lemon and lime and sprigs of mint. So refreshing and tasty!


There were several options for dessert. I was drawn to the adorable mini-cupcakes! I had one that was like a brownie cheesecake. Mr. Handsome-and-Handy and I split another one later on, because I really wanted to taste more.  He went for the main birthday cake, and the Things each got a helping of that very chocolatey one.

We all enjoyed the party, and it was fun to have my family finally get to meet a blogger friend!  (Thanks again, Kat & John!)


Hungry? Hard to believe, but I did feel hungry a few hours after all that. I tested blood glucose levels to make sure it wasn't a false hungry, and it was okay. So I had some milk and this packet of nuts.

1 comment:

  1. I am reading about cupcakes everywhere now! And I am eating them LOL.

    Hooray for meeting a fellow blogger!

    ReplyDelete