Thursday, July 15, 2010

Week of Eats, Wednesday 14 July



Breakfast: One bowl of spackle (oat bran, flax, peanut butter, sugar
free maple syrup) and two mugs of coffee with almond milk and 1/2 &
1/2, plus the morning pills (2 fish oil, 1 calcium+vitamin D, 1
multivitamin, one 500 mg metformin).


Midmorning: Tea with 2 Tbsp chia seeds


Before Cardio Sculpt class: A ginger chew. 5 grams of sugar, but it seemed just right before my workout.


After Cardio Sculpt class, lunch "al desko": Another "whoops, I started chowing down" photo! That empty white dish was 1 serving of chive cottage cheese.  I was about halfway through my spinach, tomato, and yellow bell pepper salad with lite Italian dressing.  I also enjoyed a Pink Lady apple (my favorites!) with 2 Laughing Cow Lite (swiss) wedges, and 3 stalks of celery.


























Here's dinner!  Thanks to Mr. Handsome-and-Handy for my Blue Plate Special!!!
I put some olive oil and paprika, salt, and garlic powder on the green beans-yum!

Mini-rant about BBQ sauce:  I really have to be careful and read the labels on this stuff.  Most are jam-packed with sugar and HFCS.  (As they say on the Sugar Stacks web site, "It's like pancake syrup for your chicken wings." Jarred spaghetti sauces are also potential sugar landmines.) Mr. H&H watched a presentation by a doctor on the effects of HFCS and is on board with banishing that stuff from our kids' food.  Yeay!  (Do you know how hard it is to find reasonably priced jelly that doesn't have HFCS?  They put it in bread, too. :-P)

There were several curious things about dinner.  One is, when I plated it, I put 3 chicken legs.  I ended up eating a 4th chicken leg.  I decided to edit it in there, using the magic of digital photo editing.

The other curious thing is that I had a really sore stomach on the way home from work.  It had been awhile since I'd eaten, so I wasn't sure if it was hunger or tummy upset.  It did calm down later, but I think I kept on eating, hoping that food would settle it.  Not sure that was the correct logic.


Here's dessert.  Yes, three.  I had planned on only one, but Thing 2 kept picking out and eating all the cashews, so it was probably more like 1.5 handfuls.

Not shown:  The evening pill+supplements.  2 fish oil, another calcium/vitamin D, and another 500 mg metformin.

4 comments:

  1. I like the photo fun hijinks here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha - love that you edited in another piece of chicken!!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK that tea looks SO beautiful and photogenic! and now: I NEED TO KNOW and I NEED TO KNOW NOWWWWWWWWWW! HOW do you put the little dialogue bubbles and POW shapes on your photos??? I need to learn how to do that right now now now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. Lunch "al desko?" You are really making me LOL tonight.

    ReplyDelete