Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wednesday 21 July 2010


Breakfast:  2 oz chicken, 1 slice flax bread with butter, morning pillfest, and 2 mugs (1 not shown) coffee with almond milk and half-and-half.  Thing 2 saw me making breakfast.  "Did you take a picture of it?" "No, not yet."  1 minute later, an iPhone edged into view.  "Here, Mommy.  Just wanted to remind you."


Pre-workout snack:  This is a Clif Mojo Dipped bar, the one with peanut butter.  It was okay.  I think I bought it because it was on sale.  It was sweet, crunchy, mildly nutty, and mildly chocolatey.  There are other bars I like better that have less sugar, although 11 grams pre-workout is okay.


Post-workout lunch:  Salad with 2 oz chicken and 1/2 cup chili beans.  The sauce on the beans was almost like a BBQ sauce, not at all fatty like regular chili, so I "deglazed" the bean container with rice wine vinegar and some more chipotle Tabasco.  It made a nice dressing!


Late afternoon snack:  Yum.


Dinner: 4 oz. grilled pork chop with BBQ sauce, Brussels sprouts and tomatoes (for a well-ROUNDed meal, har har) with a drizzle of olive oil and some fresh ground pepper and a sprinkle of garam marsala (oh my gosh, that was tasty!), and a glass of nonfat milk.  


Dessert: Extra-crunchy peanuts and 20 semisweet chocolate chips. Yum!  I used to be a Snickers fiend.  A couple of weeks ago, I popped a mini-sized one that the kids got at a birthday party in my mouth, and it tasted...like not what I wanted to be eating.  I spat it out and had some peanuts and chocolate chips instead.  Baby-steps perhaps, but I was glad that my palate had shifted a little.

4 comments:

  1. Those brussels are the tiniest things every! I just had 4 honking big ones that probably were the same amount as what you had LOL!

    I used to love snickers, too. Funny how now I can tell when they are stale if I try them and they are so not worth it. Mini Reeses PB cups on the other hand.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, good job on the candy bar switch-out.

    Fun finding these innocent dressings for our salads.

    And how cute that your little girl is 'helping' on your food blog.

    I am keeping a food journal this week (part of that workbook) that has the times and places that I eat. Very interesting. I ate a LOT of times today...

    Ooh, got a new recipe that you might like. Got it off of some diabetic website. I'll share it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is a probiotic chocolate bar?? It looks SO SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. You MUST watch Totoro with the Things!!

    ReplyDelete