Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Breakfast, part 1:  Kind bar and coffee (1 of 2) with almond milk and 1/2 and 1/2.  Needed to fuel up for my trip to the gym.

And Kind bar? Cut it with the pity party.  I enjoy your nutty taste as much as I love the macronutrient breakdown: 210 calories - 15 grams fat (9 monounsaturated), 11 grams carb (2.5 fiber and 7 sugar), 10 grams protein. This brand has mostly bars with fruit and nuts, but they're a little higher in sugar (from the dried fruit) than the nuts-only variety. (Their Nut Delight is also quite tasty.) When I eat bars, I typically have them as a pre- or post-workout mini-meal.

Mid-morning snack (post-workout):  3 hours later, I was hungry! (I know, had to be to eat something that looked like this, eh?) To the one serving of chive cottage cheese, I added 1 Tbsp chia seeds and a generous sprinkle of all-purpose seasoning.  This was tasty!  I liked that the chia kept some of its crunch, and the gel that happens when you add chia to liquid (which I actually like) blended in with the cottage cheese texture.



Lunch at the park. I love this lunch bag. For the longest time, I had an old freebie project reward one from my former company. I finally retired it and bought myself a *pretty* one. (We actually ended up replacing our travel toiletries bag with a similar one, but with blues instead of purples.) Anyhow, the eats were "chili veg," a lovely melange of 2 oz. leftover taco meat, 1/2 cup chili beans, and 1/2 a package of frozen Tuscan veggies (broccoli, mushroom, red bell pepper, and onion). I rinsed the veggies before putting them in the container with the other ingredients. Oh, and I "Bizzed" it up a bit with some chipotle Tabasco I found in the breakroom!



Mid-afternoon snack: This meeting of the Nut-a-Holics Not-so-anonymous is now called to order!  Refreshments today are apple and mixed nuts. (I'm reaping what I sowed here, all the macadamias and pecans were gone...)



How far do I take this "blog what I eat" business?  Here's the sugar-free cough drop I had when my throat got scratchy and gave me a coughing fit.



Glad I snapped a photo of this, to remind me to tell you about the 3 bites of corn I ate...
Dinner: 4 chicken legs (1 leg partially shown above).  I also ate some bits of chicken skin picked off of the leftover pieces I was putting away for tomorrow (because it doesn't reheat all nice & crispy in the microwave anyway),  Of course, I added BBQ sauce.  And then my lovely salad, as shown plus "facon" bits (not shown) and Italian dressing + vinegar.

I then dragged out my computer to put this entry together so I would call it a day with dinner. :-) Night, all!

5 comments:

  1. Of course you know I love that you "Bizzed" it up!

    Where do you even find Chia seeds. I have a Whole Foods about 45 minutes from my house - it may be worth the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your food photo commentary! You are so funny. Plus, I love all the things you're showing me. Chia seeds!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You GOTTA teach me!!!!! How do you make the little dialogue bubbles?? SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your thought bubbles by the food :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love kind bars. The stats are better than I remember. And the chia seeds--what's up with that? Do they have some hidden nutritional value?

    Haha. I am Debby and I am a Nut-a-Holic. Last night I took a giant handful of walnuts to bed with me. I also remembered to take 2 pieces of eclipse gum with me because I don't like falling asleep with the nut texture in my mouth, but I don't want to get up to brush my teeth again. Evidently I don't mind falling asleep with gum in my mouth...

    ReplyDelete