Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday 29 July 2010

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 coffee (one with almond milk and half-and-half, the other just half-and-half), 1 slice of the usual toast.


Lunch: Lunch at the park today with my family and a coworker and her son were visiting from out of town.  I had 2 slices small cheese pizza. (1 of just the cheese-no crust) and a quarter of a half-order of a Greek salad.  Yum!


Afternoon trouble snack: I think Debbie can guess what my pillar would look like...and it's not the 1x1" brownie!


More nuts.


More nuts.


Nuts in exile.

I went for a run at the gym after work. I didn't want to do it, but I'm glad I did. The gym was packed! I jumped on the treadmill and jammed to the music and thought happy triathlon thoughts. How they can be happy when I'm feeling this out of running shape I don't know, but they were.  I ran for about 20 minutes and walked about 10 for warm-up and cool-down.


Mr. Handsome-and-Handy is a really good cook. His mom went back to school when he was in middle school, and with 6 kids, they needed to help with the chores.  They were given their choice of which chores they would do to help out, and Mr. H&H chose cooking.  Anyway, he's head chef in our house. He got the creative itch, and he made the Red Beans recipe from The Frugal Gourmet Cooks American (with a few variations; for example, he substituted bacon for the pickled pork). No, I didn't eat this whole pot, but I sure wanted to try! (Darn cell phone and florescent lighting, it looked way more appetizing than this.)


Here's 1 cup over about 1 cup of baby spinach.


And another 1/2 cup over more spinach.

And I'm done for the night. I think I had my nuts & chocolate fix already! ;-)

3 comments:

  1. If you only knew what kind of a day I had today and how much I needed a belly laugh!

    "Nuts in exile." A blogland classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time stopping at one serving of nuts too! Yep, some things don't photograph so well (for me, its spaghetti squash!) but the taste is wonderful!

    Happy Friday Pubsgal! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, nuts are addictive. The one food I hate to have to measure out - and I *still* overeat them!

    ReplyDelete