Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Week of Eats: Tuesday 13 July


The reason I'm committing to just one week is that I struggle with even doing weekly posts, and photo uploading seems rather time-consuming.  I'm still figuring out the logistics, but here’s how I’m doing it now: I email photos from the iphone to my Picassa account, and then I open two browser tabs: one on my Picassa album (I move the photos from drop box to album, but one wouldn’t have to do that) and the other in a new Blogger post. Then I paste the image URL from Picassa to the image upload from web location option. That seems to go quicker than emailing to my computer, then uploading them one at a time from my hard drive to my blog. I wanted to do one post per day, but it might be more efficient to post in 5-photo “chunks” directly via email. (Update: I email the posts to the drafts folder, then cut and paste from there.  Easy-peasey.)

I toyed with the idea of not posting the photos to a blog at all, but then, I think that it does help me to see one day all in one place, and writing helps me think about it more.

Breakfast of Champions!  
(Or at least, this Pubsgal who got up at the crack to go to Pilates class...)

Mid-morning snack: Coffee with 1/2 and 1/2 and another "whoops!" shot!
This bowl contained "spackle": 1/4 cup each oat bran, flax, and sugar free maple syrup, 
1 tsp inulin powder, and about 2 Tbsp peanut butter.


Lunch item #1: 2 oz steak with 2 garlic herb Laughing Cow.  
This is going in the microwave for a cheesesteaky extravaganza!
(Later: Yum!!!  Highly recommend that combo.
Microwave for 1 minute, then smush the cheese all around in the steak.)

Lunch item #2: Check this gorgeous salad!  Thanks, Mr. Handsome-and-Handy!  
It will receive some light italian dressing (used 2Tbsp).

Here are my lunch items al fresco!
I ate lunch by the fountain again today.


After lunch, I went for a walk.  I stopped to smell the roses.
(I like the color of the ones in the first picture best, but the ones in the second picture smelled sweeter.)


Ooooo, what's this?
Serendipitous post-walk goodie:  Gourmet dark chocolate candy with toffee AND caramel.
Thank goodness only half a piece left in the breakroom.
(Pennies used for scale.  No, I did not eat them.)

6 oz. plain Chobani and about 3.5 oz. blueberries; added about 1/2 tsp cinnamon at work.
I ate this kind of late (6 p.m.), so it's more Dinner: Part 1 than the planned afternoon snackage.

Dinner, Part 2: From the New Leaf grocery store food bar!
4 dabs of different kinds of chicken: cacciatore, Korma, spicy Thai, roasted - All very tasty!
Put over spinach, sprouts, roasted veg, and about 2 Tbsp quinoa
(Liquid bread on the side)

Dessert: 20 choc chips + handful peanuts

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you were copper deficient there with the pennies....

    Food blogging really does take some time and forethought, but it really does make you aware of the food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Wow! Fun! I love taking a peek. Pretty flower photos, too. What is inulin powder?? At first I thought you mean INSULIN powder. But still, what is it?? The chocolate looks yummy of course. AND the blueberries! I noticed you eat a lot of smaller stuff more often in the day. I am sorta stuck on MEALS it seems. (except when I am not) This is soooo great and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely stealing your steak and laughing cow cheese idea - genius! :D

    ReplyDelete