Saturday, July 17, 2010

Week of Eats: Friday 16 July

Breakfast: A little egg with my cheddar cheese, flax toast with butter+canola spread, sugar-free apricot jam, coffee with 1/2 and 1/2 and almond milk (1:2 parts) x2, metformin and supplements

Lunch: 2 oz steak with 1 Laughing Cow Lite garlic herb wedge, salad (greens mix+tomato+lite Italian dressing), nonfat Peet's iced sugar-free mocha (medium).  It was chocolate day at work today, so I picked up 2 squares dark of chocolate, 1 square wafer cookie (about 4 grams of carb per sqaure-I checked the package last time).  I think I'd skip the cookie next time, the chocolate is much more satisfying.

I was really hungry.  Got a call from my BFF in Portland at the lunch hour, so I wandered around outside while we chatted.  Happened to be outside Peet's Coffee when I hung up, and that sugar-free mocha sounded heavenly.

Snack:  Yet another "whoops" shot. Eager McPubsgal wolfed down 3 oz blueberries, 227 grams
nonfat plain Chobani yogurt, and 1 tsp inulin, with cinnamon.

Ah...Friday night! But now you'll get a little insight into why I plateau'd...



Dinner:  Mr. Handsome-and-Handy picked up the $5 fried chicken special at the grocery store.  So 1 thigh, 1 leg, and 1 wing for me, with beer and tomatoes.  (I almost dug into the last piece left, but figured, "Nah, save it for tomorrow...and have some nuts instead!")

2 helpings of nuts....

Mr. Handsome-and-Handy opened the pita chip bag and told me how delightful they were with butter, so I tried two.

And for dessert:  I ate my words for a midnight snack.  I'm more of a late night reader, but last night, Mr. Handsome-and-Handy found a free game site with miniature golf on it.  That was okay, but then I started vetting some games as "ok for the kids," and stumbled across one called Rome Puzzle.  Totally sucked me in for some reason.  (Fortunately, my lovely family let me sleep in!)

To answer yesterday's comments about inulin:  Foodie, fiber supplement companies often use different sources of soluble fiber.  I checked the web site; Benefiber is made from wheat dextrin.  Livestrong has an article describing the different supplements, "Types of Fiber Supplements."  Lori, I'll keep an eye out for the oat fiber.  Debby, I think I just went a little overboard on everything fiber that one day...didn't have the same problem with today's menu.  (The one that I *really* have to watch  are the sugar alcohols, like maltitol.  I once at a few too many sugar-free York Peppermint Patties...oh my.  It was not a good day....)

No comments:

Post a Comment