Monday, October 4, 2010

Friday 1 October 2010

Happy October, everybody! It's my favorite month: Fall is in full swing, it's pumpkin season, there are many festive goings-on, and the kids are excited about Halloween...what's not to love? Well, I suppose I could gripe about pumpkin patch traffic and being home-bound during the Pumpkin Festival, but those are a small price to pay for the rest of this magical month!



Breakfast:  What?!?!  No omelet?  Nope - had 2 slices of flax toast with almond butter, sugar-free jam, and the usual coffee.

Mr. H&H was driving on the 1st/2nd grade field trip today, so I did a couple of errands on the way to work (and picked up a quick cup of real coffee) and then went to Hydro Fit class at the pool where I swim laps.  Loved it!  It had been awhile since I dropped in, but many of the same women were there, and they're very welcoming.  So my creaky "in person" social muscles got a workout, too.  The class involves using foam dumbbells, so it's a great resistance workout for arms.   The legs move a lot, too, but all very low impact, so I figured it would be doable with my ankle trouble.  I think this would fit nicely into my Friday schedule.  (Well, except next week - got a dentist appointment!)



At work snack:  Tea and cheesy kale chips.



Lunch:  Whole Foods had Mexican food buffet.  My plate (from upper left): pork tamale (meh - too dry), one taquito (this was the best taquito I've ever eaten) with guacamole, and chicken fajita on a bed of spinach with salsa, guacamole, a dab of sour cream and a sprinkle of cheese.


Whole Foods had their pumpkins out...the big and the little!



A rainbow of pumpkins...check out that green guy on the bottom.  Looks like a smiling cyclops pumpkin!



Snack time:  This was pretty tasty along with my pear.



Had a little more dry roasted wasabi edamame for extra fiber and protein.



Before the drive:  I had a couple of squares of chocolate.  Had I known what awaited me, I probably would not have eaten these.



Dinner:  Life being uncertain and all, I went for the cookie first.



Mojito, grilled chicken leg, and grilled pumpkin with butter/canola spread.  Yum!



Before bed snack:  4 Cheese Its and...


...some peanuts.

1 comment:

  1. Love the smiling cyclops pumpkin! Off to read about saturday and sunday!

    ReplyDelete