Monday, October 25, 2010

Just when I think...

...I kicked the old habits to the curb, I lapsed back into them for four days.  I think I'm doing great, feeling healthy self-respect and body love and all that good stuff.  Then I get a hectic week at work and home, and it seems like everything went out the window:  Exercise?  Non-existent, and that's the thing that bothers me the most.  Proper food choices?  Well, I've sure made worse, but it was hard to not shovel in everything in sight.  Comparing self with others?  Road to Funktown (as opposed to the uber-cheerful "Funkytown"), that one.  Photo food journal?  Ugh...I ate that before I stopped to take a picture...And this?...Aw, heck with it, I already ate something without taking a picture, I blew it, might as well just do the rest of the day off-camera...I can start again tomorrow. (Yeah, we all know where we've heard that scenario before...)

I thought about this a lot over the weekend, and I have to scream, "STOOOOOOOOP!!!"

I fought too long and hard to regain my health, such as it is.  Even after two years of habit, it's hard to remember what to do with this thingy that just dropped from the ceiling, this yellow plastic cup and bag that doesn't inflate dangling from this tube, and shouldn't I be putting it on this person/situation first?  (With one hand, of course, while I nom-nom on more of these pecans with the other; they are just ripping with the in-flight beverage...)

Well, now.  That proves that we really are what we eat.  I AM nuts!

So here goes. I'm just popping it back on at Sunday....

Sunday 24 October


Breakfast:  Mr. Handsome-and-Handy made sausage gravy.  I was pining for a vegetable (I ate zero green food on Saturday), so inspired by lunch last week, I thawed some spinach and mixed it in.  Wow, that was yummy, even without the quinoa.  I had the amount of Thing 2's donut shown (the part peeking out from under the paper) and lots of coffee with half-and-half.


I also had a slice of my toast with cream cheese and sugar-free jam.  I call it the "Fake Danish."


I also had a bite of pumpkin cupcake.  That was really tasty.  It made me want to make Georgie's cinnamon streusel coffee cake, but with pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice instead of applesauce and cinnamon.


Lunch:  We were on the go, Thing 2 and I.  I had a ginger chew between stops, and at Target I had the carrots and ranch dip from her kids' meal.  She doesn't like carrots anymore, which is just sad.  And I had this flavored water, which was actually sweetened with splenda instead of flavored-unsweetened.  Weird, drinking sugar-free punch that was clear.


I also took a page from MizFit's book and ate some beef jerky.


And I tried to eat the other half of just the hot dog part of Thing 2's lunch (she was full after half), but it tasted pretty yucky to me, so I threw it away.


Dinner & Dessert:  I forgot to take pictures, so I drew sketches instead.  Dinner was a full chicken breast on the bone, with the skin off of half of the other one (because the skin is not good the next day), about 1 cup of broccoli with olive oil and lemon pepper, 1 beer, 2 low-carb tortillas (toasted!) with quite a lot of guacamole, and some peanuts and chocolate chips (15) for dessert.  I was still craving chocolate big time, so I made myself some hot cocoa with unsweetened almond milk (12 oz.), 2 Tbsp Green & Blacks' unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 packets of Splenda, and about 1/4 tsp vanilla.  Oh, that hit the spot, big time!

2 comments:

  1. Those snack days are just awful aren't they? I had a granola binge last night, and then some crackers with Nutella. I wasn't hungry, but I just couldn't seem to stop eating. I wasn't bored, either, because I stopped what I was doing to get stuff.

    The good thing is that you pulled yourself out of it. Turning towards food happens to all of us, as long as you turn away again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori is the voice of calm sensibility, isn't she? I sure hope she's right.

    You are so funny. I'm still laughing over the picture of a serpent trying to scoop nut butter out of a jar to serve it with an apple to Eve.

    ReplyDelete