Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Friday 15 - Sunday 17 October 2010

This weekend wasn't exactly poster-child eating, but oh well.

Friday 15 October


Breakfast:  The usual.  I'm looking forward to cooking up Mr. Sugar Pumpkin there!



At work:  Pecans



Lunch:  3 oz bag of kale crunchies.



I also had 2% Greek-style yogurt with a mandarin orange and some cinnamon.  Caught myself about halfway through the feeding.



My "I couldn't decide which nuts" nuts.



Later on, I had some more pecans.  (I need to stay out of Trader Joe's.  I really do.)



Dinner:  Ribs, salad, guacamole (about 1/2 cup) and 10 chips.  And a mojito.  (The ribs were mostly bone, so I had a couple more.  I omitted the photo because it was rather gross...on the plus side, I guess it would have made you not want to eat ribs.  Oh well.)



Dessert: Peanuts and another mojito.

Saturday 16 October


Breakfast:  Yeay, weekend brekkie!  I made a batch of pumpkin flax pancakes using Lori's breakfast muffin recipe, but I think I thinned it out too much, because they were kind of mushy in the middle.  OH well.  (I suppose I ought to try just follow the recipe and make the muffin out of them instead of pancakes.)  I had lots  of coffee and another piece and a half of bacon, not shown.



Lunch:  Mr. Handsome-and-Handy made a huge batch of chicken & veggie soup in the crock pot.  (So yes, we ate soup all day!)  I also had a half a lunchmeat sandwich with guacamole and 4 cheetos.



I also had some apple slices.



Afternoon snack:  A pear and some peanuts.



And some almonds.

Dinner: More chicken soup (One and 1/2 chicken bowls full) with broccoli and 1/2 cup quinoa.
Later on, had a bunch of nuts and a bite of mint chip ice cream.

Sunday 17 October



It dawned...I think.  It was dark and cloudy when I awoke for the Pumpkin Run today.  I decided to go ahead and walk it.  Here's the breakfast of champions (and an article about potential champions): 3 donut holes and a cheese stick.



I got my coffee fix over at the Pumpkin Run - they have lots of nice, hot coffee!

The thrilling tale of how I walked the Pumpkin Run's 5K will be posted over on Opposite Life one of these days...suffice it to say I was content with how it went.  I decided to walk it, and I was shooting for a 4 mph pace (the point on the treadmill at which my walking stride becomes that racewalking waddle stride); I exceeded my goal with a 44:09 finish time.  Tons of people walk the race at a strolling pace, so I knew I wouldn't be finishing ages after everyone went home.  They had great t-shirts this year and the usual free pumpkin!



Second breakfast:  Ah, that's more like it!  Here's 1/2 cup of sausage gravy and 1/2 cup of quinoa.  Man, this stuff is tasty!  Very...(wait for it!)...nutty!

You're going to see lots of quinoa, because I cooked up the whole box.  According to the Mayo Clinic carb exchange lists, 1/3 cup of quinoa is one carb exchange.  Hmmm....I used the box to calculate the carb exchanges and got about 1/2 cup, but that was going over a little and not counting the fiber...74 grams filled a 1/2 cup measuring cup, and Calorie King said that amount is 16.5 grams carb, so guess I wasn't too far off.



I also had a little sliver of Thing 2's leftover donut.



Lunch:  I'd been craving butternut squash fries, so I made a whole squash's worth in the oven.  I shared...a little bit.

I also ate about 1/2 cup of guacamole with 4 stalks of celery. Sip of juice. Handful each peanuts and almonds.



Late afternoon:  1 square of milk chocolate.



We baked the rest of the Halloween sugar cookies.  I had a couple.



Dinner:  I stripped some pizza, about 1 crust's worth of crust nibblings, and a salad.  I'm glad we get small pizzas now, because I think the sugar was begetting more...well...everything!

1 comment:

  1. Those cookies are adorable. And mmmmmm mojitos! (I had one, I think at the exact same time)

    And YAY for the Pumpkin Walk!

    ReplyDelete