Friday, October 1, 2010

Thursday 30 September 2010



Breakfast:  Mr. Handsome-and-Handy says, "Why don't you just use yesterday's picture?"



At work:  Oooo, cantaloupe in the breakroom!  But have you noticed that it kind of tastes funny when it's part of a pre-packaged fruit salad?  Like they soak it in carbonated water or something?



At work:  The real deal.  With some fiber powder.



Lunch (pre-errand):  1/2 cup of burrito innards (beans, meat, cheese, sour cream, and guacamole)...



...a little bit of cheesy kale...



Lunch, part 2 (post-errand):  Coffee with half-and-half and dry roasted wasabi edamame.



Afternoon snack: Plain nonfat Greek-style yogurt with blueberries, a few grapes, and cinnamon.  And 2 squares dark chocolate + 1/2 gourmet graham cracker.



Heading home snack:  1 square of dark chocolate on 1/4 gourmet graham cracker.


Dinner: Bacon cheeseburger, 1/2 corn on the cob (just plain - didn't need anything!), and Brussels sprouts with olive oil, SALT! (well, maybe not as much as all caps suggests...), garlic powder, and garam marsala. And a beer.

The new grill is working pretty well.  The grates are wider and not so far apart as our old grill, so Mr. H&H was able to grill the bacon, too.  I noticed some flaring when I cooked hamburgers over the weekend, but Mr. H&H is quite pleased with its performance.  He also is happy that the company is sending free replacement side table pieces, apparently leaving them folded in while lighting the grill is a very common problem.

Not shown:  Bedtime snack.  Why on earth was I hungry after a decent dinner and on a rest day?  Sheesh.  Must be Autumn Syndrome.  I ate 9 CheeseItz and a handful of peanuts.

3 comments:

  1. I am the same... gotta take a picture!! I have recycled pictures maybe twice but I always feel guilty.. looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny about using yesterday's pic. I had to go back and forth between the two to see if they really were different.

    SALT! I am now on a salt rebellion kick. Bring it on. My kidneys are still working, LOL!

    Yes, agree with the canteloupe description. And, I must try the kale chips. Guess I'm gonna have to wait til I get to a Whole foods?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Sierra Nevada beer! :D

    And pretty sure my husband says the same thing about my pizza pictures - they pretty much all look the same! :D

    Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete