Friday, October 15, 2010

Thursday 14 October 2010


Breakfast:  Woo, people, I really mixed it up this morning!  *Chopped tomatoes* on my omelette!  And that kitty definitely wants the omelette, tomatoes or no.  The cat candle holder is one of my favorite Halloween items.  I got it and a similar jack o' lantern one on sale (deeply discounted) after Halloween a couple of years ago.  You can't tell, but it's covered with sparkles.  I try *reeeeally* hard to not go crazy with buying decorations.  In a way, it's great that we don't have a lot of storage space.



It was haircut morning, and I was early, so I popped into 3 Bees Coffee, which is right around the corner from my stylist's salon.  I enjoyed a wonderful double cappuccino.  (I ate about half of the froth before remembering to take a photo!)  A Peet's moved in across the street a couple of years ago, and I worried that it would be the death of my favorite coffee place, but nope!  It's still there, thank goodness!

I also dashed into Trader Joe's on the way in, so I'd have something tasty for lunch.



Lunch:  A yummy goat cheese salad with walnuts and diced red bell pepper from TJ's prepared foods section.  I also enjoyed some plain Greek-style yogurt (2%, just restocked at TJ's) on mixed fruit (5 huge red grapes, 4 blackberries, and 3 strawberries).



And some pecans.  This other TJs had my roasted, salted pecans. *swoon*



Afternoon:  I had some more pecans...



It was goodie day, and so I had this rather unappetizing looking truffle.  It was tasty, but I think I'll go with just some plain dark chocolate next time.



Pre-dinner:  Not this tomato, but several from my garden that, added together, would equal about this one.  (We were going out to dinner, I felt famished, and we were delayed a little in going.)



Dinner:  Spanishtown restaurant!  There's just something so comforting to me about Mexican food, and this place is very warm, with colorful decor (great for the pre-meal games of "I Spy"), and so family-friendly.  We sat in the front room, which has a ton of windows, so my photos turned out halfway decent.

I usually get fajitas, but I felt like something different this time.  So I got a beef chimichanga, something I haven't had in a couple of years.  Why not?  It's a deep-fried burrito.  I got it ala carte (no beans and rice), because I knew I'd be getting the refried beans from Thing 2's plate.  I also had a lovely green side salad.



I had some of these, but not too many.



And I also had 2 of Thing 2's quesadilla triangles.  They were good, but I think next time we'll take them home, because I really didn't need these and they are something we can re-create easily at home.  (Unlike the chimi...thank heaven we don't have a deep fryer, that's all I can say.)

So how did I fare in the carb-fiesta that was dinner?  Not too bad.  Sometimes foods with lots of fat delay the rise in blood glucose levels, so I tested at 3 hours out: 123, which is higher than I usually like to see that far from a meal.  (I suspect that if I'd tested at 1 or 2 hours, it would have shown a lower number.  My morning number was 111, which I was okay with, considering I hadn't exercised yesterday.  It popped right back down after metformin and breakfast.)

1 comment:

  1. OMG, a chimichanga is awesome! Gotta love that its deep fried!

    Your BS numbers are awesome!!

    Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete