Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tuesday 19 October 2010



Breakfast:  The usual, but with tomatoes in my omelette.  The new bread seems pretty good, although it doesn't get as crispy as the flax bread.  Halloween decoration of the day is the "spider" one of the kids made at a Halloween party last year.  I love kid art!

Not shown: a tiny thumbprint cookie made with the last bit of sugar cookie dough and filled with my sugar-free marmelade before I dashed out the door.



At work:  The last of the marcona almonds.



Pre-workout snack:  Not the last of the pecans....



And a little more.



Workout:  I mostly walked this one, but did a little light jogging (a little over 1 mile) and some of the walking was at my "racewalk" pace.  I got sweaty, that's the important thing, right?  My hips are still stiff, but getting moving really helped a lot.  As for the ankle, it's not painful, but when I move it around it feels a little muscle-sore feeling, if that makes any sense.



Lunch:  Qunioa (1/2 cup), spinach (frozen, thawed, about 1/2 cup), and about 3/4 cup of sausage gravy.  Ah, megh charghwI'pu'! (Lunch of Champions! Well, literally "lunch of victors," but close enough.)  This was unbelievably tasty!!!  I also ate an apple, not shown.  (Do they have apples in the Klingon empire?)



Dinner: Pork chop with BBQ sauce and salad with Italian dressing.


Dessert:  Peanuts & peanuts.

You'd think my morning fasting would have been great, but it was 119, even with a fairly low carb dinner.  So I'm not sure what was going on there; it might have been eating too late (it was 8:15 when I finished), stress (attended a work meeting that got ugly), or PMS or a bad test strip or too much food over the course of the day.  Grrr.  Maybe I should have a beef jerky and water day or something.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if your dinner with tomatoes and BBQ sauce might have been the culprit for the morning sugar? 8:15 doesn't seem to late to eat. I usually have a snack about that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ankle? What happened to your ankle? I've been sort of out of the loop here. I hope it is better soon! And if not, GET a brace!!

    ReplyDelete