Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Monday 11 October 2010


Breakfast: The usual.  Except Mr. Handsome-and-Handy found some different, 2 slices=1 carb bread for us to try.  He definitely likes it better than the flax bread.  Me?  I like the flax toast, partly because it has fewer ingredients and they're all very clean.  I must be getting orthorexic.  And partly because this toast was chewy - maybe it just needed to toast a little longer.


Pre-workout snack:  This stuff was...interesting.  It's very coconut-tasting, as expected, and it does have a pleasantly chocolate flavor, too.  It sort of reminded me of brownie batter in consistency and taste, which is not something I really liked to eat much, even at my brownie baking-and-eating peak.  (Can't wait to try Georgie's!)  Nutritional info:  calories 177, fat 16 grams (14 grams saturated - why does coconut have so much saturated fat?), total carb 8 grams (3 grams fiber and 4 grams sugar), and protein 2 grams.

So I went to the gym, and I was feeling nervous about it, because I was going to try and get back to doing stuff with weights there, outside of a class.  So not my comfort zone!  I did 20 minutes on the elliptical and did about 45 minutes of wandering around and trying out some weight stuff.  I did stick mainly to the barbell and dumb bell things I was familiar with from my Wednesday classes, but I also tried out some of the cable machines.  I *adored* the cable squat row, Lori, once I figured it out!  Something I was doing didn't seem right.  I had to look up Lori's video on YouTube on the spot to see where it wasn't working...oh, I need the cable to be at waist level.  After wandering around a few minutes, looking for a cable machine where the cable was at waist level, I noticed that you can adjust them.  Light bulb moment!  I think it all will go much more smoothly now that I have a better idea of how much weight I feel comfortable using for everything.  My arms are noodley, and the legs feel fine - both are nice feelings!

[Wednesday update:  I was really sore the next day and today.  Especially the hammies from the deadlifts and the plie squats and the cable squat to row.]

Lunch:  Whaaaaaa!!!  I took a picture of my Fage + frozen raspberry + cinnamon + fiber powder concoction.  It would have made a great pink picture - it was downright lurid!  The raspberries were quite ripe but a bit on the sour side, so it wasn't as amazingly tasty as it sounded.  



And here's my green salad.


Whoops, meant to have the cheese stick showing in there, too.  Here it is.



Snack:  I had a square of orange dark chocolate in the late afternoon.



Dinner:  Steak with steak sauce, half of a corn on the cob, and some baby carrots.


Dessert:  Almonds.  Lori asked what they had on them.  These are smokehouse almonds, so that's salt and seasonings.  Is crack a "natural flavoring?"  Because the way I was eating these over the weekend, I suspect they have that on them, too.

1 comment:

  1. That's funny how we feel uncomfortable at the gym doing the things we don't regularly do. what you were uncomfortable with is about the only thing I am very comfortable with. Too bad we're not closer--we could help each other to CONQUER THE GYM!

    Good eats, as always. I'll be interested in your take on the brownies. I love the stats. They'd probably be better with real sugar instead of splenda, but I'm willing to make that concession.

    ReplyDelete