Friday, October 8, 2010

Thursday 7 October 2010



Breakfast:  The yummy usual.  (Thing 2 got the grinning duck from the dentist.  Kind of creepy, that, a duck with teeth....)



Lunch:  Whole Foods salad and hot food bar.  One chicken taquito (liked the beef ones better) and fajita chicken and taco beef on spinach and broccoli, with a sprinkle of cheese, dab of sour cream, balsamic vinegar, and a few chunks of eggplant.  Sadly, no guacamole.

I went for a walk after eating - nearly 2 miles, and my ankle was fine.  Got blisters from my shoes, though.  Sheesh.  I saw a grasshopper and smelled this wonderfully sweet rose when I passed through the little rose garden.



Dessert:  I had one orange dark chocolate; the other is a stunt-double for the small piece (about 1/4?) of a lacey cookie I ate from the office goody tray.



Late afternoon:  I had some kale chips before a meeting....



...and then a bunch more when my meeting got cancelled!  (This was fine, I had plenty to do.)



Evening food, in reverse order:  How odd, my pictures got reversed!  This was actually the last thing I ate, a couple of hours after dinner, along with the milk and the almonds.

I felt kind of stressed this evening.  The kids were pretty wiped out from doctor's office, vaccines (oh, thank goodness for the flu mist things!  Shots are big time stress for the Things...not to mention the attending Gr'ups.), and play time at *two* different parks. (Lots can be done on minimum days!)  So homework was s-l-o-o-o-o-o-w going and didn't quite get done.  Oh well.



The almonds were salty, so I had milk with them.



Someone went to Costco!  Actual phone conversation in the early evening:

Mr. H&H: "We're at Costco.  Do you want me to buy walnuts?"
Pubsgal:  "Mmmm...walnuts..."
Mr. H&H:  "They also have pecans..."
Pubsgal:  "Raw, or roasted and salted?"
Mr. H&H: "Raw."
Pubsgal:  "Oh, in that case, no pecans."
Mr. H&H:  "But 3 lbs of walnuts? We already have peanuts, cashews, almonds, and mixed nuts in the cart."
Pubsgal:  "Well...I guess I can always pick some up later if we need them.  Oooo, I know:  Since we already have peanuts, cashews, and almonds separately, why not put back the mixed nuts and get some mac nuts!"
Mr. H&H:  "Ooooo...mac nuts!"  [rolls through nut aisle]  "Sorry, not mac nuts."
Pubsgal: "Darn."



Dinner was kind of late.  I was late getting home, then got sucked into helping someone with homework before I ate.  No worries, I knew it would be there.  Costco chicken salad on my flax toast.



And the last rib, because it was going to go bad.  ("Cut off the meat and freeze it?"  Oh, now ya tell me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment