Thursday, October 7, 2010

"I Just Ate Omelettes!"

Or, the Tuesday-Wednesday Two-fer! The One in which I Get Caught Up with My Saga of Disordered Eating....

The main title of today's post is, of course, a reference to a point made in the "Proper Ollie" video on social networking etiquette. It cracked me up, because I sure have my share of "I Just Ate Soup!" posting moments...well...daily on this blog...except it's omelettes and nuts up in here.

Oh, and supposedly photographing all my food and posting it is a sign of disordered eating, according to that silly article.  Yeah, and filling out logs for the nutritionist wasn't, nor apparently is logging my workouts on Daily Mile.  (I won't even go into spitting out or throwing away unworthy foodstuff.  Yes, I have done both.)  Go figure.

Tuesday 5 October



Breakfast:  Sugar-free jam added later.  I'm going to have to make a Target run again soon, I'm halfway through my sugar-free orange marmalade.  My local Safeway does not carry that flavor.  Bad Safeway!



At work:  Coffee with half-and-half and chia powder, plus a little kale crunchies. (Store-bought, not homemade.  Herbs de Provence flavor.  Yum.)



Lunch:  Nope, I did not eat a pumpkin, but I did bring a little pumpkin to my friend J's house for her little girl. Such a cutie!  They just moved to San Mateo, so I got to go to their house for lunch.  She made a yummy sandwich with pan-cooked chicken, mushrooms & red bell peppers, with jack cheese melted on top.  (I ate it open face.)  We also had an autumn soup and a little pasta salad.  And berries for dessert!  A little more carbs than I usually have in a lunch, but it ended up being okay.  I felt a little awkward leaving food on my plates, but I know she knows about my wanting to go easy on the carbs because of my diabetes.



Dinner:  BBQ'd ribs with sauce (2 shown, I had a 3rd I really didn't need - note for next time), green salad, and steamed cauliflower with butter/canola spread and some paprika.



Dessert:  I had a little bit of brownie.  This, plus another 1x1 inch piece.  J sent me hope with a pan of Halloween ones for my family.

Wednesday 6 October


Breakfast:  Hey, everybody!  Guess what I just...Oh.  You already noticed I had an omelette?  Oh.... (tee hee)


At work:  Well, it was a glorious Fall morning.  I almost cried when I went outside, I really wanted to be doing some exercise in that fresh-smelling air, with pink clouds floating around in it.  So I did the next best thing:  I went for a quick walk around my work neighborhood, which is about 3/4 mile around.  It went great!   My ankle felt fine.  Maybe all it really did need was proper work shoes and a little rest!  I popped into Peet's and got a small mocha with sugar-free chocolate syrup!  Yum!  (I reused the cup for some regular coffee with half-and-half later, too.)


Pre-workout snack:  I found this at Whole Foods the other day.  It was tasty, friendly stats, but I really prefer my nuts and chocolate not ground up together.


Lunch:  *burp*....'scuse me.  Guess I was a little eager after CardioSculpt class.  This was about 3 ounces of leftover sausage and some Brussels sprouts.  And the rest of that package of kale.


Lunch dessert:  A wee square of orange dark chocolate!


Dinner:  Maybe I should add "-and-Healthy" to the Mr. Handsome-and-Handy!  He bought us some fresh ling cod at the harbor, and froze half of it to cook later.  Salad was one that he'd made for my lunch the other day but I forgot to take with me.  


Dessert:  I'm a little proud of this.  The brownies were there, and they called faintly (or maybe it was just the ghost marshmallows saying "wooooo!").  But then the honeycrisp apples hollered, "HEY!  YOU WITH THE SWEET TOOTH!  C'mon down to the fruit drawer and get one of us instead!"  Well, how could I refuse such a summons?  Especially when they suggested inviting their friend, crunchy almond butter, to the party.  Mmmm!  I don't always eat fruit at night, but this agreed with me.  (My morning fasting number on Thursday was fantastic: 90!  I notice that it seems to be lower with leaner proteins.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, if only there was some way to tell Mr. Ollie how much fun he has provided us with over the past couple of days. I think this is the most fun I've had on my blog for a long time.

    Excellent job with the honeycrisp apple. They are one of my most favorite fall treats. I might have to have one tonight. With some walnuts. And maybe one square of chocolate. And maybe some popcorn.

    Did you notice I get all my disordered eating out of my system on your blog? You ought to charge a fee.

    ReplyDelete