Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Monday 18 October 2010


Breakfast:  The usual.  This time, though, with tomatoes! (Yum!)

I had my 6-month checkup with my doctor.  She referred me to a podiatrist to help get me back on my 1/2 marathon training.  She said beautiful things, like "your weight is stable" and "you take good care of yourself." *sigh*...I knew these things, but it's nice to hear it from a pro, too.  I'd already had my flu shot, and I didn't need a whooping cough booster (it was part of my tetanus booster - our area is having an outbreak of whooping cough, and I sure didn't want to risk getting it!).  But I did need to get my blood work for my a1c and the like done, so I trotted off to the lab for a blood draw.  Darned if someone wasn't going to poke me with a needle at some point today.


Here's my double-cappuccino consolation prize!  (The lab is by 3 Bees.)  I was going to get it to go, but then I thought, "You know, why not take a few minutes to savor it?"  So I did.  The guy even put a smilie on the top.


At work:  Some pecans.


Lunch:  Leftover pumpkin pancakes with cream cheese, and a salad with broccoli, tomatoes, chicken, and bacon (basically, leftovers on lettuce).  And some of the rosemary marcona almonds.


I took a little walk at lunch.  Slowly.  Man, was I sore today!  Racewalking is definitely a different gait, and I was feeling it in my hips and glutes.

Several condos were decorated for Halloween...



This one seems cute and...well...welcoming, right?



Maybe if you're one of the Addams Family.  (Where do they find the space to store this stuff???)



Afternoon snack:  A plum and some macadamia nuts.



Dinner: Steak with sauce, broccoli, and quinoa with fresh salsa.  About the quinoa and salsa, Mr. H&H said, "That looks like something a Klingon would eat."  Sop batlh!  (Bon appetit! Or literally" eat well," which is the closest I could approximate it, anyhow.)

1 comment:

  1. My sister is a big decorator for Halloween. It is her favorite holiday. We have one box of stuff that contains fall and Halloween. I don't like too much clutter, so that is why we don't have more, other than for $$ reasons.

    It's nice to drink a coffee that smiles back at you, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete