Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Monday 4 October 2010


Breakfast: What, no omelette? I know, huh? Leftover sausage gravy and the usual toast and coffee with the usual stuff on/in them.



At work:  Coffee with half-and-half and fiber powder.



Pre-errand snack:  Dry roasted wasabi edamame...



...and a TLC bar.



Post-errand lunch:  Shell-shocked from buying properly supportive shoes for my feet, I staggered into the food court and numbly ordered up a Panda bowl.  I love that you can get mixed veggies as your base instead of rice or noodles.  I got the string bean chicken for the entrĂ©e part.

What kind of woman am I, that I would not delight in buying shoes?  My husband's wife, that's who.  It pains me to have to spend what seems to me a lot of money on proper shoes and the orthotic inserts to make them fit.  (One or two pangs might be that they're not the cute Dansko or Ariat ones, but the more EarthMama-looking Clarks.)  But if it helps me with my foot and ankle well-being, I guess it's a good investment.  (I guess it's kind of like investing in a decent sports bra that way.)  I did find a second pair of deeply discounted shoes when I passed through Sears that also met my criteria of being sturdy, supportive, and high quality.



I also had a square of orange dark chocolate after my Panda bowl.



Late afternoon:  Chia tea!



Dinner:  4.5 oz. sausage, sliced tomato and Brussels sprouts with olive oil and black pepper and a bit of salt.  I also made a cup of decaf tea with the water we used to steam the Brussels spouts, because I've read that the nutrients from the veggies get into the water.  Double virtue points for health and greenness (reusing the water)!



Dessert:  I had a piece of the cookies.  We had no Halloween sprinkles, so the kids decorated cats, ghosts, witch hats and tombstones most festively with the tropical fish sprinkles.  It was a little surreal.


And some cashews.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't had Panda Express in so long! They aren't around here after we moved from IL. I used to get the black pepper chicken all the time from there. Yum.

    Did the tea taste different with brussel backwash? You are a brave woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second Panda Express mention in one day! People were talking about their orange chicken in the breakroom. Fortunately, I've only been once, I had their orange chicken, and I found it very unworthy.

    But wait. Brussel sprouts water tea??? That does NOT appeal. Of course, spackle did not appeal until I tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. Just read your byline up there--LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that's just great! Now I wants some sausage gravy (with a biscuit). All your fault.

    ReplyDelete