Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Friday 27 through Sunday 29 August 2010

Not only am I behind on my food blog, I've gotten kind of sloppy with photographing.

Talk of the Table

Usually, I'd say I eat pretty healthy around here.  I've read that some people find pictures and talk of food to be triggering, and I can respect that; which is one reason I branched off the food blog from the main blog.  But this weekend's post is a little more heavy on the foods that might be triggering, so I just want to give everyone an advanced heads-up.

So here's the weekend update...

Friday 27 August



Friday's breakfast started out typical:  eggs with cheese, a piece of flax toast with the butter/canola and sugar free strawberry jam.  And the usual decaf with half-and-half and almond milk.



Lunch was an outing with a few of my coworkers.  We went for Chinese food and I had a couple of plates from our shared entrees - heavy on the veg, skipped the rice - and we also had bowls of not-so-hot & sour soup.  (Although I made mine hot with a dollop of pepper condiment.)  It was nice to have some company for lunch!



Late afternoon snack: a Luna mini-bar!



I also had some chia'd coffee.



Dinner was awesome salad, applewood-smoked pork ribs with sauce added later, and a mojito.



Dessert: Mixed nuts and chocolate chips.



I took a plummet into here...

Saturday 28 August

The following picture really represents the dichotomy of the rest of my weekend:  the donut holes and the almond butter.



Even though I packed a sensible lunch, I got swept up in the baking and wrapping of 3,642 ginormous cookies and didn't take a break to eat my almonds and South Beach bar.  No, I grabbed 1/4 glazed donut and some coffee, and proceeded to the wrapping stations.  I noshed on some of the broken bits.  I should have chosen my station a bit more wisely.  Although I suppose it kept me from buying and bringing home all 3,642 of them.  (Or even whole ones in all the flavors.  Not that they would sell me the secret flavor this year.  I'll let you all know what it is on Saturday; I'm sworn to secrecy!)  The good news here was that I was on my feet for a good 7 hours, working my arm muscles vigorously the entire time.  I was really sore the next day!


Thing 2 made me a cookie face.  The resemblance is uncanny, no?

So I got the request to bring home In & Out Burger for early dinner.  I got my two protein style lovelies (no bun) with ketchup and mustard instead of the secret sauce.  I ate some fries.  I ate some of Thing 2's with a bit of the bun.  Later on, I had some tomatoes and cheese, because my body was longing for some vegetable matter.

Sunday 29 August

I made a sketch of today's stuff.  It all started out pretty decent, but then dinner.  I don't know if it was dinner, per se, because it could have been the suspicious pre-cut cucumbers on my salad.  But I think the stripped-and-stuffed-into-debreaded-end-crusts treatment of pizza caused me to feel sick later in the night (that's what the little equation down there means).  It also may have just been my body telling me it had consumed enough crap, thank you, now can we get back to the regularly scheduled eating next meal?

1 comment:

  1. Do you know how I always say I am tired and depressed when I come home from work? Well, I can't stop laughing. Your drawings of your food (just the fact that you bother to draw it) never fails to amuse me, but the equation is comic gold. And, all day at work I kept thinking about your comment on my blog 'it was the best of times, it was the worst of times.'

    ReplyDelete