Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Tuesday 24 August 2010

Well, we had quite a day before back-to-school!  We did a dry run of the morning routine (up around 6 a.m., out the door at 7 a.m.)...except we went out to breakfast.



Breakfast:  Omlette with spinach, avocado, onions, and linguica; 1/2 slice of sourdough toast, and 2 piece of apple from the fresh fruit salad.  Many mugs of coffee with half-and-half.



Pre-workout snack:  Kashi peanut butter bar.

It was hot here, and I ran (mostly) outside at lunch today.  Bad idea.  I got a bit overheated.  I was sensible enough to do a coolout in the gym on the treadmill, but not sensible enough to stick to a slow walk for it.  Crikey!  Anyhow, I fortunately had a bottle of water in my locker to which I'd added some electrolyte drink (low sugar-see photo), and I felt a little bit better after that and a lukewarm shower.



Lunch (post-workout): The whole orange, the rest of the pecans (their saltiness was a good thing), a cheese stick, and the broccoli in veggie broth below:





Snack:  Later in the afternoon, I had some walnuts



Pre-commute:  Word had it that there was an accident clearing, so I knew my commute would be much longer than usual.  I had a ginger chew before I drove.  And some more water.


Dinner:  Shared some almonds with Mr. Handsome-and-Handy, who started the fish after I got home.  (You can really tell when he cooks for me vs. when I have to fend for myself!  His meals are much nicer!)


Just in time for back-to-school, we had our summer!  The Things played on the slip&slide today and rode their bikes wearing their bathing suits!  And at 8 p.m., our house was still quite toasty:


I shared this with Mr. H&H along with dinner, too!


P.S. First day of school started well!  We got there nice & early, and the kids were excited and happy!

2 comments:

  1. I love ginger chews!! Yum! I like anything ginger.

    It is so weird to see people back at school already. It doesn't start around here until after Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have to have fish tomorrow. That looks good. Sometimes I just like a nice piece of fish. And some walnuts...

    ReplyDelete