Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tuesday 10 August 2010


Pre-workout breakfast:  Green tea and a Kind bar.

I went to the gym for my 2nd-to-last Pilates class, and then I rode the spin bike for 30 minutes and ran/walked on the treadmill for 22 minutes.  As you can imagine, I was ravenous afterward.


Post-workout meal:  Here are the husks of tupperstuff, remnants of the carnage.  I had the leftover sausage gravy and 1/2 cup of sweet potato.  And a couple of cups of coffee with almond milk and half-and-half.


Late lunch:  Whoops, caught mid-meal.  That was 1 slice of flax toast with cream cheese, 2 oz. pork with bbq sauce, and a spinach salad with lite Italian dressing and vinegar.


I never would have bought this stuff for myself, but my BFF Abbie got me a jar (among other goodies) for my birthday and brought it with her on her trip down here a few months ago.  It's Lulu's jasmine waterlily, 75% dark cacao.  It's vegan and raw and intensely chocolatey.   Sometimes I just open the jar and take a whiff.  But this time, I dug out a 1/2 tsp.


Late afternoon snack:  1 square of 71% Valrhona and 9 peanut butter pretzels.

I also had a nice cup of Good Earth Original tea.  I *love* this stuff.  I don't always take a picture, but I'm almost constantly drinking tea at work: green tea, mint tea, Good Earth tea, Moroccan Mint Green Tea, Chai, what have you.  I drink a fair amount at home, too.


Dinner:  Here's the meat and bread course - sloppy joes on flax toast!  Mr. H&H made it really well: BBQ sauce, a titch of molasses, and some splenda.  (This is one of the rare times when I miss a white bread bun.)


Harvest time!  We got a handful of strawberries and a couple of...tomatoes!  The larger one needs a little more ripening in our window sill (I was afraid we'd forget about it and it would rot).  The smaller one probably could have used a little more ripening, too, but it was still pretty darn tasty!  I'm hoping we'll have more this fall...there are some green fruits, but with our weather, it will probably take them awhile to ripen. (Yes, I shared! :-)


Here's the nut course!


Thing 2 grabbed the camera at this point.  Here I am with dessert - more nuts, and 15 chocolate chips.


And we end with the veggie course.  I made butternut squash fries.  I probably put too much oil on them, but oh, they turned out SO good! Mr. H&H loved them.  Thing 2 tried them, but didn't like them.  Thing 1 wouldn't touch them.  (Sad, too, because he might actually have liked them.  Oh, well, more for me!)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you got me with those butternut squash fries. Haven't had them for a long time, and you made me realize that is what I have been craving! That's funny about opening up the jar and taking a wiff of that chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moly! That is QUITE a workout!! Yay for you! And... butternut squash fries?!? They sound amaaaaaaaaaaazing!

    ReplyDelete