Friday, August 20, 2010

Thursday 19 August 2010


Breakfast: I was rather in a hurry this morning. Breakfast was 1 slice of flax toast with almond butter and sugar-free apricot jam, 1 mug of decaf with almond milk and half-and-half, and green tea.


A.M. Snacks: The above cappuccino from my favorite coffee place, which is right near my stylist's salon. (I got a haircut this morning...similar style, but everyone can tell when I've just had it done vs. styled myself...oh well.)

Below is green tea and chia powder. I prefer the whole seeds' texture, but the powder goes on such good sales, I feel like I have to buy it rather than the seeds.


Lunch: The following are my lunch pictures. (Sometimes it's hard to tell when to put the caption before or after the pictures.) First, a cookie from the weekly office cookie tray...I grabbed a bite before I got back to my desk.


Here's the main dish: Salad with leftover chicken, broccoli, walnuts, lite Italian dressing and rice wine vinegar.


And then I had a little teriyaki turkey jerky. I had half a portion, then the rest of the portion. I felt really hungry today!


Afternoon Snack 1: I felt hungry after my lunchtime walk. So I had an apple and some walnuts and a cup of tea. (I tried to find the Thai Coconut Celestial Seasons that Foodie had mentioned, but this was the best I could do at Whole Foods. It's pretty tasty, but I prefer my Good Earth Original.)


Afternoon Snack 2:  Clouds parted! Angels sang!  I ate Siggi's Orange & Ginger skyr with blueberries!  I never tried this combo before, but wow-o-wow!  The Siggi's is face-contortingly tart, but paired with blueberries...well, it's just divine. (There's a little piece of watermelon that was okay, and a sprinkle of wheat germ on the yogurt - I like the slight crunch.)


And dinner?  Sorry, no photos of the actual food, but this seemed like a pretty good representation...


Dinner:  Okay, so the photo is a bit of an exaggeration.  We went to the picnic hosted by the 1st grade families for incoming Kindergarten families at our school.  I had a cheeseburger and 3 hot dogs, all without the bun; some veggies (onion, tomato, pickle, snap pea pods); a dab of broccoli salad; and about 1/4 cup of baked beans.  I also had part of a 7-layer cookie bar (and remembered why we don't make them - whoo!  Tasty, but sweet!  Thank goodness they were cut up into little squares) and a brownie.  It was pretty normal, actually, other than having 3 hot dogs.  And I'm not feeling remorseful, but curious:  why did I feel like eating that many hot dogs?  Was it social anxiety?  BBQ in a forest and everything smelling so good?  I have no idea.  And then I actually felt hungry later on at home and had some macadamia nuts.

3 comments:

  1. Haha - your dinner looked a lot like my evening last night. I fell face first into cereal and chocolate chips.

    Do you drink milk? I was wondering why the almond milk with half and half in your coffee.

    That Celestial seasonings thai coconut is awesome, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you thank you. I was feeling awfully anxious here at work, and that last picture just gave me a good laugh. Plus the caption on the cookie. Yes, three hot dogs. Especially without the buns. But boy, you brought to mind how very good grilling smells outdoors. Never heard of that Siggi's stuff. gone to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious. LOVE The train wreck. Now tell me pleeeeeeeeeease how you make those caption thingies!

    ReplyDelete