Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Monday 30 August 2010

Today was a sick day.

Today was about being kind to my body, especially my stomach. I napped, ate bland foods, recovered my gastrointestinal equilibrium.

Today was boring (mostly).



Breakfast was actually a whole piece of my flax toast with almond butter and sugar-free jam.  And tea. I drank lots of tea today:  green tea and Good Earth original tea.



Snack: 1 apple with almond butter.



Lunch: Cauliflower in chicken broth with flax toast and butter/canola spread.



And almond butter.



I also ate a little probiotic chocolate.

No more photos from Monday, but Thing 2 took very kind care of me when she got home from school.  She helped me make some chicken noodle soup and toast; we gave me most of the broth and her most of the noodles. She also kept feeling my forehead and telling me now much better I was feeling, and reminding me of how chicken soup helped her feel better when she was sick.  How could one not feel better after that kind of treatment?

Later, I felt better and had 1/2 a banana, about 2 ounces of hamburger (wanted a whole one but didn't want to go too nutzo), and some peanuts.

1 comment:

  1. Nut butter instead of nuts today? Hope you are feeling better....

    ReplyDelete