Friday, August 27, 2010

Thursday 26 August 2010

Talk of the Table

Well, I think I can explain some of the heavy snackage last week: our old friend, PMS!  And lookie what I found in the archives on Opposite Life:  a post on PMS, Type 2 Diabetes, and healthier things I eat when the girl hormones are a-raging! (Mostly, anyway.)




Breakfast:  The School Year Special: 2 eggs, 1 slice flax toast with butter/canola and sugar-free strawberry jam, and decaf with almond milk and half-and-half.

Not pictured:  Regular coffee with almond milk and half-and-half at work.




Lunch:  Kicked off with this combo from the Thursday Goody tray at work - 2 squares of dark Chocolove and a piece of some fancy graham cracker cookie.  (No Petite Ecoliers today, but this substituted very nicely!)  The cookie was very buttery and no overly sweet.



2 oz. steak, some thawed frozen Brussels sprouts (petite), and an apple.  Followed all that up with a nice walk-and-talk on the phone with my mom! :-)



Late afternoon snack:  One of these was good.  My stomach was grumbling at me all afternoon!  And for no reason.  Post-lunch number was 118 (after the walk), so I knew I didn't need any food.  I think I may have stretched out my stomach during the past week.  So I ignored it for awhile, then had one of these a couple of hours after my lunch walk.



Dinner:  Mr. Handsome-and-Handy made a thick spaghetti sauce.  I steamed some broccoli to have with it and had some milk.  (I'll need to get some shiritake to go with the leftovers!)  Thing 2 helped me eat the strawberries.


Dessert:  Later on, I had the last of my Clemmy's when the kids had some ice cream.  We all had some sugar-free gummy bears on top.  (I also had a spoonful of their mint chip.)


And I had a couple of these.

P.S. Anyone notice what I didn't have today?

2 comments:

  1. Are you not feeling well? Funny thing was, i didn't notice until you pointed it out. That spaghetti sauce on broccoli caught my attention. Yumm. And so simple.

    I wonder if I would like the frozen brussel sprouts just as well as fresh?

    ReplyDelete