Thursday, August 19, 2010

Wednesday 18 August 2010



Breakfast: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 slice flax toast with butter and sugar-free apricot jam, and 2 mugs of Kona coffee with half-and-half.



AM Snack:  Coffee from home, coffee from work with almond milk + half-and-half + 1.5 Tbsp chia seeds, and the rest of my Cosmic Kale Crunchies.  I'd buy a dehydrator in a hot minute if I could make kale stuff like this!



Pre-workout snack:  You know, I'm not sure if I needed this, but I felt better knowing I'd had a little something before CardioSculpt class.  I had half of a JayBar.  Love these things!  They are chewy and fudgey.  Nutritional info:  1 whole bar is 220 calories, with 10g fat (1g sat), 23 g carbs (6g fiber, 10g sugar, and 5g sugar alcohol-xylitol) and 14 g protein.



Lunch: 1/2 cup leftover refried beans with about 2 ounces al pastor pork (wolfed before clicking!), and an antipasto salad with salami, cheese, grilled peppers & onions, and a combo of lite Italian dressing and vinegar.


Late afternoon snack: Handful of walnuts and about 1-1/4 square of Valrhona dark chocolate.



Dinner: Broccoli, 4 oz. chicken, 1 "raw crust" with cream cheese.



Dessert: Oh, Lordy, the mac nuts were open today.  I had 2 of these little dishes.

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodie! Another 'episode' of Pubsgal Eats.

    IMO, those Jaybars are THE BEST 'energy bars' on the market. The purest list of ingredients, the highest protein for the calorie count, and THE BEST FLAVOR. I went out of my way to a Whole Foods to get some a few months ago. Long gone...

    Walnuts and dark chocolate. A classic... Have you tried any of the godiva dark chocolate bars? I got one the other day, but on my first taste, I was unimpressed. Just wondering what other people think. My favorite since starting to diet has been the little dark chocolate bars from Trader Joe's that they sell in a 3-pack.

    ReplyDelete