Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wednesday 4 August 2010




Breakfast:  I was hungry!  2 eggs with a sprinkle of romano and 1/2 cup diced tomatoes, 2 slices of my flax toast with butter/canola spread and sugar-free apricot jam (in a rut, much?).  I also had vanilla chai with almond milk instead of coffee at home.  (I did have a cup with half-and-half when I got to work, though.)



Pre-workout snack:  Well, gotta say, I felt a little rush of excitement when I rediscovered these in my cache of candy nutritional bars.  Nutritional info:  The whole package (34 g - looks a little smaller when you take it out of the package, doesn't it?) was 190 calories, 13g fat, 17g carbs (2 g fiber, 13 g sugar), and 3 g protein. I definitely would not have eaten these if it weren't pre-workout time, because that's a little more sugar than I usual go for in a manufactured carb thing.

The verdict?  Well, I like chocolate and all, but this wasn't what I'd expected.  The dark chocolate overwhelmed the almond butter completely, and the dark chocolate wasn't of the best quality.  The almond butter filling was more texture than flavor.  Not sure if a little more salt would have popped the almond flavor a little more, but I think they were trying to keep it reasonable at 50 mg sodium.



Lunch: Spinach and Chicken-ala-Jacques with gravy, and the last of the pecan mix.


Snack:  No-longer-quite-so Crunchy Roasted Garbanzo Beans and an apple.  I ate about half of the beans and felt full.


Dinner:  Tri-tip with steak sauce (was all that 4 oz?), sauteed mushrooms, 1/2 ear of corn, salad with Italian dressing, beer.


Dessert:  Peanuts.

2 comments:

  1. Dessert: Peanuts.

    I'm glad I'm not blogging every bite I eat. Pre-dessert: walnuts. Dessert: Walnuts and yogurt. Apres-dessert: Walnuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almond butter cups?!?!? MMMMMMMMMMMM!

    ReplyDelete