Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursday 12 August 2010


Breakfast: Omlette with bacon, cheese, and chives. Yum! Plus two slices of my flax toast with butter/canola spread and sugar-free apricot jam, and 2 cups of coffee with half-and-half and almond milk.


Lunch: I was off today, and we had some errands. But first, we went to Mc Donald's for lunch and to romp in the Playplace. I had the chicken bacon ranch salad, with the grilled chicken and the low-fat balsamic vinaigrette instead of ranch dressing.


I also had one of the kids' french fries.


We have a new frozen yogurt shop in town!  It's called Nano's and is on Main Street.  Much to my delight, they had double-chocolate "Carbolite" yogurt: no sugar added and non-fat.  Which kind of makes one wonder what IS in there...Anyhow, I had a small.  Can you believe all of this is a small?  I kind of wish I'd gotten the child's size.  Things 1 & 2 got the same flavor; Thing 1 liked it, but Thing 2 was bitterly disappointed that it did not taste like Costco's frozen yogurt.  I got her a child's size regular vanilla (they didn't have plain chocolate) and took a little taste.  It was good, but she was full, and so we ended up throwing it away.  I probably would have been better off value-wise getting them some regular ice cream somewhere else, but oh well.

We then went to this little grassy park near the coffee place, and we had a rousing game of tag, and did races, and got our shoes muddy.  We then went to the coffee place; Things 1 & 2 had some juice and a cookie, which Thing 1 liked and Thing 2 did not.  I had a little of their cookie (chocolate chip, with oatmeal...Thing 2 probably didn't like the trace of cinnamon; she said the chocolate chips tasted like raisins, so I can understand her disillusionment...isn't that the worst, thinking you're going to get chocolate chips and ending up with raisins?) and the free cup of coffee that came from getting some ground coffee.


Dinner:  We had kind of a snacky dinner.  I made everyone broccoli; mine has piri-piri sauce and a little butter.  The dip for my celery is made with about 1/2 cup of 2% Greek-style yogurt and about 2 Tbsp ranch dressing.  I also had my usual nuts and 15 chocolate chips.  (Make that 16; Thing 2 gave me one of hers, and asked if I was going to take a picture. :-)


Late evening snack:  I got really hungry around the time I usually take my medicine, so I had 1 serving of pastrami, a cheese stick, and half of a raw crust.


I was still hungry, so I ate the other half, too.

Mini-hiatus alert: Not sure how much will show up here over the next few days.  Hope you all enjoy a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. ...isn't that the worst, thinking you're going to get chocolate chips and ending up with raisins? YES, IT IS!!!

    That pastrami and cheese looks mighty tasty, and so does the raw crust. I like some of the raw recipes I've tried, esp. the raw energy bars (hello, nuts and sweetness combined!)

    More info on the frozen yogurt shop, please! Do they have 'original tart' like a lot of places? Do they have good toppings, like walnuts? It looks like its not self-serve, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay bacon.

    Carbolite yogurt?? Hmm! I want to try that!!

    And: what the heck is a raw crust??? Where do you get it and what does it taste like?

    I always learn new stuff here. Right now I am not sure if I am glad or sad that you turned me on to KIND bars because they are freaking addictive.

    Happy hiatus!

    ReplyDelete