Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Tuesday 31 August 2010

Oh, it's good to feel better! 


Breakfast: Eggs & chorizo scramble.


Half of a South Beach bar.  I don't like these ones as well as I do the peanut butter ones, plus these are 1 carb + 1 fat rather than 1 carb + 1 protein.


Coffee with half-and-half on arrival at work.


Lunch:  I just had a dish of spackle (1/4 cup oat bran, 1/4 cup flax seed meal, 3 Tbsp peanut butter (est.), 2 Tbsp sugar-free maple syrup).  This is my comfort food.

I took a stroll at lunch and chatted with my best friend on the phone.  She and her family had a busy August, full of travel, and I enjoyed hearing about her adventures.  Before we talked, though, I spotted a garden gnome chatting with a frog, with accompanying cricket on a drum.  Now that's not something you notice every day, although I'm sure I walked past this condo at least 1200 times.



I tested blood glucose levels 2 hours after lunch, and even with the strolling, it was still 127.  Wow, it usually drops more.

The afternoon was busy, the spackle held well, and I drank a lot of tea.  I didn't feel like snacking, which is kind of weird but I'll roll with it.  I did test before driving home - I was feeling pretty peckish, borderline low - and it was 89.  I would be just fine waiting for dinner.



Dinner:  4 chicken drumsticks, bottled piri-piri sauce, and a tasty salad.



Dessert: Apple with almond butter.

I sat at the kitchen counter while Thing 1 did his homework.  The nuts pulled a little, so I made a cup of tea.  He thought it smelled good, so I gave him a tasted of my Good Earth Original.  He liked the flavor - the boy loves cinnamon - but he didn't like the aftertaste.

2 comments:

  1. SPACKLE! Heh. I'm gonna have to give it a try someday. It just doesn't... look... appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha on Foodie's comment. I had been thinking the same thing, but today the description of the ingredients and your referring to it as your comfort food hooked me. I am going to try it too. Kind of reminds me of that breakfast cookie concoction.

    Your drumsticks always make me want to cook them too.

    I like your idea of knitting while helping with homework.

    ReplyDelete