Monday, September 13, 2010

Friday 10 September 2010



Breakfast:  Coffee, omelet, and some donut, so no toast today.

Also had some more coffee when I got to work.



Pre-workout snack:  One of these bars.  I also made up a bottle of water with low-sugar fitness mix (4 grams sugar, 6 grams total carb per packet) for my treadmill running workout.



Workout time!  I've found snapping a photo of my workout summaries to be a good way to preserve the info for Daily Mile.  I started up with a little warm-up on the rowing machine.  I'd just played the Fishing Game, which was pretty fun!  I found that warming up on another machine enabled me to start running at my desired "jog" pace, which is a little fast when I'm starting cold.  (I was doing speed intervals today.)



I started out on this treadmill, but I noticed that the speed kept decreasing when I switched to my run pace.  I thought maybe something was wrong with the machine.  So I tried the one next to it, and the belt was all wonky.  I scooted to the next, and noticed the same thing with the speed when I tried to sprint at the end.  So maybe it's just a thing of the machine adjusting if it seems that the person using can't keep up with the belt.  Hmmm.



All done!



Post-workout lunch:  Salad with balsamic vinaigrette and vinegar, 2 oz. steak meat.



Here's my leftover fro yo!  Not quite as tasty after spending the night in the work freezer, but it was still pretty darn good-tasting.  (And hopefully good for replacing those glycogen stores!)



Also felt like some walnuts.  Maybe their wakefulness properties help at work?

Dinner [Not shown]: Mr. Handsome-and-Handy made a carne asada taco bar for our big ol' family birthday-fest for Thing 1! I should have snapped a photo. There was carne asada meat, grilled peppers & onions, warm corn tortillas, 2 kinds of cheese (cotija and a shredded Mexican blend), and fresh salsa (similar to Biz's "Baja Fresh" recipe), and chips. I ate 2 tacos at dinner and one later on, along with some chips and salsa and cheese. Oh, and I had a beer, too. We also had birthday dessert; I had a teeny slice of cake and about 1/2 an ounce of ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - your treadmill does games? I saw the 'game over' and I thought it was a strange way of saying the workout ended.

    ReplyDelete