Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Monday 13 September



Breakfast:  Leftover sausage gravy, 1 slice flax toast with butter and sugar-free jam, decaf coffee with almond milk and half-and-half.  I had a "Princess of Power" moment:  there was a box with three leftover donut holes after everyone left...and I put it in the trash.  They were already a day old, and Heaven knows we have better sugar sources stowed up in the bread box.  I'm finding that for sweets, out of sight has become out of mind, but it doesn't always work with the nuts.



Snack:  A handful from the car cache.  This was an impulse thing.  It had been a couple of hours (including 30 minutes on the stationary bike) since breakfast, but I wouldn't say I needed it.  Not shown was a travel mug with more of the usual coffee.



At work:  Real coffee, half-and-half, and chia powder.



Lunch:  I'm kind of proud of myself for thinking up this one.  We had no meat leftovers, so I portioned out a can of low-fat beef chili into containers.  With this one, I added leftover broccoli and some frozen spinach.  It was very filling, and pretty tasty!  I shook some chipotle tabasco sauce on it.



I also had an apple before I went for my lunchtime stroll.



Afternoon snack:  I know, this looks horrid, but it was actually lovely in person!  Strawberries, nonfat plain Greek-style yogurt (our local Target has a new grocery section, and Fage was on sale for $1.24!), and some walnuts and cinnamon on top.



Dinner:  Pork chop, applesauce (inspired by Biz!), and green beans with olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and garam marsala.


Dessert: Surprise, surprise!

Oh, it felt much better to eat closer to normal today!  I still felt tummy rumblings later in the evening, but I've read that eating higher carb than normal can bring on the hungry feelings even when you're not hungry, so I assumed that was what was happening and ignored them.

2 comments:

  1. If I ever have one of those moments, I am going to start shouting 'Princess of Power, princess of power!' I love the idea of the quick veggie-beef chili.

    That snack is one of my favorites. And the green beans look fantastic. Gotta try to pick up some of that garam stuff. I can't remember the name of it when I am in the spice row.

    I have come to the conclusion (slow learner) that the trail mix w/the m&m's is no different for me than chocolate chip cookies. The PERFECT combo of fat, salt, and sugar. I can't keep away from it, and I can't make myself throw it out. But I can keep from buying it again for a long time. What? You say this is not the confessional for out of control nut eaters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Princess of Power! Did you get that from me or did we come up with that simultaneously? If so: eerie.

    ReplyDelete