Friday, September 17, 2010

Thursday 16 September



Breakfast:  Chorizo and eggs, the usual toast, the usual coffee, and some full-caff tea, because I was feeling a bit sluggish on the drive from school to work lately.



Getting back into the car at school.  The pictures never do the scenery justice.



Pre-workout snack:  Nuts and half a banana, because I was going to run!



My legs felt really sluggish.  Here's the elliptical warmup.  I like warming up on the elliptical because it's lower impact than the treadmill, plus I can usually run faster from the get-go.  (Plus the treadmill just gets boring after awhile, so why not do the warm-up on something more fun!)

The water bottle held a packet of electrolyte and low sugar drink mix (6 grams carbs, 4 from sugar, per total packet).



Here's the treadmill run.  2 miles running, .6 mile cooldown.  I selected "random" on the treadmill settings, so the incline varied between 0 and 5.  My legs were so tired after weights yesterday.  Maybe I need to move my rest day, but then, I wanted to do my long run on Saturday this week.  Rest tomorrow....



Post-workout lunch:  The other half of the banana, about 1/2 cup cottage cheese, and a container of green beans.



I was super hungry only about an hour later!  I tested to make sure it wasn't a fake-out, and I was at 96.  Okay, time for a serving of peanut butter pretzels, 2 squares of excellent dark chocolate, and some coffee with chia and half-and-half.  (Which turned out to be a mistake later....)



Dinner:  Cauliflower with olive oil, salt, garlic, and garam marsala and steak on the bone.  A very large chunk of that was bone.  I also had some steak sauce on it (not shown).  And a little mug of beer.

Every time I come home now, Thing 2 chants, "Don't eat nuts, play with me instead."  Between my recruiting her as the Nut Police and one of her schoolmates having a peanut allergy, I think I've got an anti-nut zealot on my hands...Oh dear....

At bedtime, I felt famished.  I tested, and was at 88.  I was going to be sleeping and sedentary, no point in eating...except that with the coffee earlier, I laid awake a long time thinking about being so hungry.  (I woke with a 98 fasting, which I was pleased with...and then raced to the kitchen to make some spackle!)

1 comment:

  1. That's interesting. Before I got to the part that said you were famished an hour later, I thought, I wonder if that banana and cottage cheese will hold her better than it does me.

    Anti-nut zealot... heh heh. That would be very hard to live with...

    Mmmmm. Spackle. I am a convert. Except it seems very high in calories. However, it can hold me a LONG time. And, I can actually stop eating it partway through and save some for later. Which I can hardly do with any other food.

    ReplyDelete