Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Friday 3 September 2010


Breakfast:  2 cheesy eggs, 1 slice of flax toast with sugar-free strawberry jam and butter/canola spread, 1 mug of decaf coffee with half-and-half and almond milk.


I did my treadmill workout at the gym on the way in to work; mostly running, some walking to warm up and cool down.  I felt so unmotivated...but it's not about waiting until we feel motivated, is it?  As usual, I was profoundly glad afterward that I'd gotten it done at the start of the day.


Lunch: Impromptu lunch with a co-worker at Specialty's Deli and Bakery.  This is the "small" Dawn's Vegan salad with the "side" of tuna salad!  (I chose the vegan salad because it had lots of different veggies on it and beans.)  I ate about half the tuna and saved the rest for a mid-afternoon snack.  It was tasty and a good value, but I think I might get the grilled chicken side next time with this salad and the spicy southwestern dressing instead of the balsamic vinaigrette.  The iced tea is their seasonal one, ginger plum, and it's unsweetened!  I added a little splenda, and it was even more tasty.

This restaurant is also a bakery, and they were hauling hot cookies out of the oven while we were there.  Boy, did they smell good.  But I knew there was a weekend of cookie exposure ahead, so I figured I'd pass them by this time.  They will be there later.  

Mid-afternoon snack:  [No photo] I ate the rest of the tuna salad and half of an "everything" bagel thin.


Dinner:  Mr. Handsome-and-Handy made me what Biz calls the "Hugh Jass" salad.  Love "the Hugh"!  And a nice, cold beer.

My family also had gone to Costco, and here's the rotisserie chicken they bought for $5!  (Sans legs - Mr. H&H had those for dinner.)  No, I didn't eat the whole thing.  I estimate about 6 oz. of chicken ended up on my plate.



Dessert:  I had some chocolate chips and peanuts.  Later in the evening, I also noshed on some almonds.

1 comment:

  1. Since I just started using the treadmill at the gym, that seems like a fantastic amount of time to spend on the treadmill. The only thing that keeps me going is watching the tv! That also seems like a very good distance for the amount of time spent.

    Yummy food as always, esp. the last pic...

    ReplyDelete