Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Tuesday 28 September 2010


Breakfast:  The usual suspects.  (And guess I was a little hungry, y'all almost got a picture of an empty plate!)

The kids went carpool to school, so I had morning time for my workout.  That was a good and a bad thing.  

The good thing was I had time to do a long run.

That was also the bad thing, because at about mile 3, my ankle/back of lower leg started hurting again, and I still had about a mile and a half to limp home.

I did get some pictures, though!  It was mostly sunny, but there was a light mist in the air, and when the sun shone through the trees, there were these really amazing beams of light.  The photos don't do it justice, of course.



Bridge at Miramar.



All of the spider webs looked so pretty!



Cypress trees along the trail.

I'm so bummed.  I took it really easy on this run, not going too fast during the whole run, walking to warm up for about the first 3/4 mile, taking a little walking break in the middle, and then walking the last 3/4 mile (which I hadn't been planning, but oh well).  I didn't feel like I was pushing too hard.  But I think the problem was that when I first noticed this trend, I eased off, then when I went back, I picked up where I left off again.  And maybe I didn't rest it long enough after the first incident.  Bother.



Morning snack:  Well, by the time I got to work, I was ready for a snack!  I had 10 grapes, coffee + half-and-half + chia powder, and about 1 oz. of the beef jerky.  It struck me that beef jerky is like meat candy, although this package had quite the spicy afterkick.


Lunch:  I ate by the fountain (leftovers: pork, green beans, and pumpkin) and chatted with my mom on the phone.  Sadly, no walking while talking today.


I had the munchies, but it was way too soon after lunch to eat something, so I had my hot & sour broth.  That really satisfies my need for flavor vs. actual food.


Afternoon snack:  Got the call that there'd been an accident on the route home, so I knew I'd be at the office a little longer than expected.  I had 10 peanuts...


...1/2 tsp of my raw chocolate stuff (keeping fingers crossed that it's still good - no expiration date on it) with some coffee and half-and-half...


...and more kale chips!  This brand's stats are 50 calories per ounce, with 3 grams fat, 4 grams carb (1 fiber, <1 sugar), and 2 grams protein.  It does have more seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, and sesame) along with the cashews.  Looks like the extra seeds added 1 gram of fat and 1 gram of carb to the recipe.  I guess the reason why some other brands had so many more calories is that perhaps they apply more of their coating to the kale?  Mysterious.  Either way, every kind I'm trying has been great.  I love this stuff!


Dinner:  Steak with sauce, mixed green salad with facon bits and Italian dressing, and milk.


I also had some peanuts.  (Like my sushi socks?)


Dessert:  After the kiddos went to bed, some dessert:  peanuts and 15 semisweet chocolate chips.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe a couple days of rest might be a good idea for your leg. Or just biking might be in order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, sorry about your leg. Do you think its a muscle, or something more?

    Good eats today! So weird, I have never eaten beef jerky in my life, but just yesterday at the store I was eying it. And now that you've named it meat candy...

    I love it when the sunbeams come through the trees. I've seen a few of those myself with my earlier morning walks.

    I also see kale chips in my future.

    ReplyDelete