Thursday, September 23, 2010

Wednesday 22 August 2010





Breakfast: Cheese omlette, usual toast, usual coffee



At work:  Fully leaded, half-and-half, chia powder.



Pre-workout snack: A kind co-worker brought me a piece of moon cake to celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival!  I don't think I'd ever tried any before.  It reminded me a bit of fruitcake, but with a hint of savory, and much more nuts.  (Happy Mid-Autumn Festival to all celebrating!  We got to enjoy viewing the moon for about a half a moment before it ducked into the fog again.)



Post-workout lunch:  2 oz. steak on a green salad.  (I'd eaten a few tomato wedges before taking the picture, whoops!)  I also had that tasty little Honeycrisp apple!  I had my workout drink mix (6 grams carb, 4 of those sugar) during my CardioSculpt class.



I was still hungry, so I had half of a Jaybar. (Can't believe this thing has lasted in my desk for over a month, since my last Whole Foods trip!)


Afternoon snack:  I wasn't hungry, but my mouth wanted some flavors.  So I made some hot & sour broth!  Hot water, a spoonful of Better Than Bouillon veggie stock, a generous amount of vinegar, and a few shakes of hot sauce.  

So I was in the break room.  I'd made the broth + vinegar and was adding my hot sauce.  I was standing at the counter near the coffee makers, shaking the new hot sauce bottle like mad into my cup.  A guy walked in, saw me, and exclaimed, "You put hot sauce in your coffee?!"  We had a good laugh when I told him it was broth, and I added, "That would be weird, even for me."


Dinner:  Well, this looks a mess, but it was Fend for Yourself Night at Casa del Pubsfolk, so I popped into New Leaf and picked up some hot food bar items.  Clockwise from noon:  Hawaiian ono chicken (yum!!!), chickpea curry (tasty), eggplant parmesan (meh), chicken pot pie (good, but not wow).  I draped roasted veggies around everything and put it all on a bed of spinach.  Quite tasty!


I also had almost-the-last of the walnuts.  (Our house is 1 serving away from being...empty of nuts!  Aaaaieeee!!!  Well, except for peanut butter and almond butter and almond milk, that is...)


Dessert: New Leaf also had my Clemmy's no sugar added ice cream on sale.  I had a tiny dish (this is about 1/4 cup).


Plus a spoonful.  (Carton shows my servings + the ones I gave Things 1&2.)

1 comment:

  1. Steak on salad--yum yum. Good idea. NO NUTS???? Are you nuts? (tee hee)

    ReplyDelete