Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tuesday 21 September 2010

Up with a blood glucose level of 101 today, which is within my good range.  It probably would have been even lower (but not too low...I'm guessing in the 90s) had I not eaten a snack, but on the other hand, the idea of laying awake and feeling ravenous wasn't too appealing.  So I'm glad I had my bedtime snack yesterday.



Breakfast:  Chorizo and eggs, flax toast with butter/canola spread and sugar-free orange marmelade, coffee with almond milk and half-and-half.

Some thoughts on chorizo.  I love this stuff, and yet, the ingredients make me think of Lori's statement, "Waste not, want not, is not always a good thing."  Trader Joe's had a chicken chorizo that was so tasty, yet I've never been able to find it again.  They also have a vegetarian soy chorizo, which is okay, but it tasted to us exactly like the insides of a frozen burrito.  Hmmm.  I might have to investigate this a little more, to see if we can make healthier chorizo...or at least one in which the ingredients are parts of the critter that we'd eat on their own!



At work:  Coffee, half-and-half, 2 Tbsp chia powder.



Pre-workout snack:  I had that other half of a "meh" granola bar, so I figured I'd try it with some peanut butter.  An improvement, but not much.  I ate this about an hour before the gym.



At the gym:  First, I did the fishing game on the rowing machine. It's 4 minutes long, so a very quick little warm-up.




On the treadmill:  I ran 3 miles, most of it at my regular pace, with some "sprint" (for me) intervals every couple of minutes during mile 2.  I walked most of the last .38 mile; I kept increasing the cool-down time.  I felt pretty neutral about doing this run - not excited, but not dreading.  My legs felt okay - not eager, but not leaden, either.

And hey, there was a foam roller in the stretching area!  So I gave it a try, and I think it really did help!  My hammies feel way less tight.


Lunch + snack:  I ate most of this stuff for lunch, and saved the Attune bar for a snack later.  The "stuff" is green beans (thawed, not cooked) with Balsamic vinaigrette, non-fat Greek-style yogurt over 3 strawberries, 2 blackberries, and about 8 grapes (scrounging the bottom of the fruit bowl there!), and some wheat germ.  Oh, and a cheese stick.


Later in the day, I had 6 peanuts.


Dinner:  I got home later than I would have liked, but oh well.  I had some steak with sauce, green salad with some yummy heirloom tomatoes and Italian dressing...


...and I made a little quesadilla with about 1 ounce of shredded cheese and 2 corn tortillas.  Excellent vehicle for salsa!


I also had one of these.  More of the break-and-bake package.  It tasted nice.  And it felt nice to put the last two in a baggie and tuck them into the bread box for the kids to have later.


And some of these.  I didn't need a bedtime snack tonight. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome workout! You rock!!!!!!!!

    Ohhhhh.... chocolate chip cookies. I think I've eaten my quota of those for a YEAR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Attune bars!

    I said something about making my own sausage and John said "You don't have to make everything we eat, you know".

    I just love experimenting with stuff. Cheese is on my list some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh I spy my fave (ok my ONLY) bars in there.

    3 cheers for attune!

    ReplyDelete